3: Akaza

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!

(y/n) was having a blast. Literally. She became friends with the village people and often taught them stuff that she knew, in exchange they helped her speak japanese by telling her words or small sentences...especially the cuss words she picked up on; how helpful.

The children loved her to bits, finding her cool to be around. She decided to stay a few days and regain her strength because she had no plans to wander around in open fields.

She was currently humming 'walking trophy' a song her cousin introduced her to as she decided to explore the village's amenities and what they had to offer. She heard they had some hot springs or taverns for people who want to stay out late and drink sake while they play the shamisen or other instruments.

The (h/c)-ette entered one of the eat-ins. The aroma of ramen and other noodles and food being made had her hungry. Her tummy growled. She held it, looking around for a seat when she found one in the corner and sat down after she placed her order for chicken noodles.

As she waited impatiently for her food, her starvation was getting to her, there was a sudden scuffle going on in the small eatery, prompting her to look up and see a woman being harassed by a perverted old man. (y/n) frowns in disgust, she stands up and walks towards the man, "hey!" She shouts, gaining not only his attention but the other customers as well, "she said leave her alone, bastard!!" She cussed at him.

The perverted man gives her a lewd grin, turning his attention to (y/n) as he looks her up and down, "well, well, what do we have here, aye..?" He slurs, making (y/n) scoff at him, "how about you and me—" he didn't get to finish his sentence when the foreign girl punched him in the face, causing him to stumble back as the customers gasped or screamed.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!!" (y/n) scowls at the perverted man, who scrambles away in fear. Her words caused the people around to gape at her as she did not behave lady-like at all. Her mouth was definitely colorful!

(y/n) huffs, adjusting her clothes as she apologizes to the owner, "sorry for making a fuss." She bows respectfully, taking her food and going back to sitting down on her seat, slurping her noodles up as she hums in content, not paying attention to her surroundings at all.

Soon after, (y/n) left the ramen shop and look at the sky, seeing it was almost noon. The sun was soon gonna go down. She was pondering whether a demon was gonna strike tonight or not. She had to be alert.

Once the town was quiet and all the lights were off, the shops closed, it was just her now. She was wide awake, waiting and intently listening. She heard a rustling near her window and sat up all alert and wide eyed.

The male who enters her room was a familiar demon she recognizes and looks around the room, landing on her figure.

(y/n) stares wide eyed at upper moon three, whom froze upon seeing she was a woman! Akaza stares at her for minute before turning and high-tailing out of there. His abrupt action, caused the female to snap out of it and quickly follow after him out the building, "hey!!..wait!!" She calls out to him as he hops and leaps from branch to branch.

It was clear akaza can hear her since he gave her a glance back, seeing her following him. He sped up more but the (h/c)-ette was intended to catch up despite how she was heaving. She stops in her tracks when she loses sight of his pink hair, sighing in defeat.

(y/n) decides to walk back to the village only to realize she had no way of finding her way out the dark forest. She groans, "noooo! i'm lost now!" She huffs, looking around her surroundings with a defeat. She decides to walk in a random direction and she jumps back when a demon blocks her path. It was huge with auburn hair, pointy ears and four eyes.

She gets in stance, ready to control the demon with her powers if it attacked, which it will.

The demon laughs maniacally, eyeing her as it licks its lips, "mhmm, such a delicious smell from you. I will savor you from bone to bone!" Before it can attack, its head was beheaded as the rest of its body slumps to the ground.

"...eh??" The demon stares in confusion.

Shock. (y/n) stares at the decapitated demon wondering who...her eyes dart around her till a figure somehow lands in front of her. Pink hair...akaza!!!?? His yellow hues pierce her own as it was just them two now since the demon disintegrated.

There was a silence as none of them knew what to say. This was awkward since it was uncommon for a demon and human to actually interact. They both stare at each other contemplating on who should speak up first before the (h/c)-ette did it first, "thanks for saving me." (y/n) shuffles on her feet as she looks at akaza, wondering if he can understand her.

akaza stares for a moment, eyeing her. He was probably debating if she was a demon slayer or not before he sighed, turning on his side, "don't get too comfortable, woman. I am a demon," he begun, glancing at her, "i just don't prefer to eat women." He simply says, speaking her language with ease, shocking her.

(y/n) quickly brushes it aside, smiling knowingly, "it doesn't matter of your preferences. You didn't have to save me. You could've ran away and left the demon to attack me but instead you turned back and saved me." She remarks with a grin, causing akaza to blush and avoid her eyes.

It was true. He didn't have to save the (h/c)-ette but he did anyways. Maybe because she chased after him?? Or because of his principles? He did not know. He scoffs to himself, narrowing his eyes at the girl. He observes her with his yellow hues, noting that she did not appear like the other women he had seen, not to mention she was wearing odd clothing he had never seen before.

akaza stares for a moment before speaking, "...you're an odd one." He began, turning his body fully back to her, narrowing his eyes, "don't you realize i am a demon? So why are you talking to me so calmly?" He inquires.

(y/n) did not want to tell him that she knew he doesn't eat women and drinks his respect women juice. She felt safe with him because she KNEW he would not lay a hand on her, "....call it a hunch." She grins widely at him.

akaza stares at her. He felt his cheeks burn the more she smiles at him. He found her....cute. He swiftly turns away to hide his flushed face. This was after all, his first interaction with a female who did not scream in fear at him, "...you should get out of here. It's not safe for a woman like you to be roaming out here all by herself unprotected." He was about to leave when he heard the (h/c)-ette chuckle nervously.

"...i wish i could get back...if i knew the way that is." (y/n) laughs, "but, thanks for your concern anyways. My name is (y/n) by the way." She turns to walk away, leaving akaza behind with his back turned to her.

The foreign (h/c)-ette had no idea where she was going, she blew raspberries. "Why do forests have to be so huge??!" All of a sudden, she was picked up bridal style, causing her heart to jump at the sudden action, her eyes quickly darting to akaza, who held her in his arms, avoiding her inquisitive gaze as he leaps from branch to branch.

(y/n) gasps in surprise as she hurriedly wraps her arms around upper moon three's neck, moving closer to him as he jumps from tree to tree. She felt him stiffen at the action but didn't say anything to her. They soon arrive at the outskirts of the forest, the village not far ahead.

akaza slowly lets her go, their eyes connected as he did so.

"...thank you..." (y/n) mumbles, fiddling with her fingers as she looks down, feeling the heavy weight of akaza's eyes on her. She turns to walks away,

"...akaza." The pink-haired demon simply says before disappearing into the foliage, leaving (y/n) to stare after him with a slow grin creeping onto her lips at his introduction.

"...what a hottie.." she says to herself, grinning widely as she returns back to her room in the inn.

TAISHO SECRETS
. akaza thought (y/n) was weird.
. akaza thought (y/n) was also pretty.
. akaza saved (y/n) because he did not want to see her killed by a demon.
. (y/n) was the talk of the village because of her potty mouth.

a/n; enjoy!