18: Mugen Train

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

Is it really that time already? The mugen train arc? Did how much time pass? A month? Two months? She couldn't tell because there was no significant calendar that can tell her, she was just basing off of assumptions.

rengoku had already departed for his mission to investigate. (y/n) stood in front of oyakata whom stood on the engawa, he smiles at her, "(y/n), i would like you to accompany tanjiro, inosuke and zenitsu to the mugen train where you will assist kyojuro." He informs her.

(y/n) widened her eyes, nodding. In actuality, this works out great for her too because she has a chance to save rengoku from being killed by akaza and maybe bring enmu to their side too; the lower moon was a sadistic bastard but she was sure he might change allegiances if he found something more greater, right? She could only hope when the time comes down to it, she would know what that is.

although, she was also a bit nervous as well considering if she messes up, rengoku could potentially die and she remembers how fast akaza and rengoku are from the anime, so she was skittish. Take deep breaths, (y/n), you'll do great! Just breathe!! BREATHE!!!

She goes to meet up with the kamaboko trio, glancing at her wooden box, "are you alright, rui?" She received a reply, "hai, nee-san." She made sure the box was big enough just in case. If she ended up rounding up demons left and right, she might as well carry a wagon and build a tiny loft for them on it. Hehehe...

(e/c) hues land on tanjiro and the others, a grin spreads on her lips, "hey, ya'll!" She waves, their eyes land on her, conversation trailing off as they return the greeting, "sorry for holding you guys up, we should get going before the train leaves." She suggests, the trio nodding as the four of them take off with speed to reach the station before sundown.

"train?" tanjiro tilts his head confused, glancing at the foreign girl as she nods. She totally forgot he was a country/mountain man.

"you'll see it when we get there. It's an elongated vehicle that transports passengers. It's manmade with steel and other components." (y/n) smartly replies, making tanjiro nod along even though he was a bit confused.

When evening arrives, the four arrive at the station. They walk up to the train and of course, inosuke goes to head-butt it like the reckless idiot he is, "MONSTER!! IT'S A MONSTER!! LET'S KILL IT!!" He tries to draw his sword.

zenitsu smacks his head at the stupidity of the boar-head, "actually it's not—" he was cut off when tanjiro explained what it is.

The burgundy-haired male smiled innocently, "even though (y/n)-chan said this can carry passengers, i believe it is the protector of this land—" another stupid one... zenitsu thought with a dead pan while (y/n) giggles at their cluelessness.

The commotion garnered the attention of the police as they came rushing in to the scene. I—oop!! (y/n) looks at the others, "let's go!" They hide out in the back as zenitsu scolds them for acting like buffoons. The whistle from the mugen train blows, catching their attention as it begun to move. The foreign girl looks at them, "come on! We're gonna miss it!" She rushes out ahead with the kamaboko trio closely following behind.

One by one they jump for the train, although zenitsu stumbled back, hanging for dear life, "SOMEONE HELP ME!!!" He cries loudly until (y/n) grabs onto his hand and helps pull him in with tanjiro and inosuke aiding her. Once he was safe, he looks at the foreign girl for a moment before latching onto her, "YOU SAVED ME, (Y/N)-CHAN!! I KNEW YOU CARED FOR ME!! LETS GET MARRIED!!" He paws at her clothes, making her blush as he got on his knees in front of her. holy...—