7: Tsuzumi

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

(y/n) had expected they would be separated considering that teruko and her brother followed them inside the tsuzumi mansion after being scared of nezuko in the box. Unfortunately, she ended up all alone, but she was lucky enough not to encounter a demon on her way as she walks the endless halls.

The sound of the tsuzumi was heard and (y/n) was in another room all by herself. She frowns, looking around for a moment. She exits through the door and begins walking the dim lit hallways while scouring the rooms one by one. It honestly felt suffocating to be in considering the atmosphere. It was dreadful and there was a ominous feeling creeping in, she shivers.

She opens the door at the end of the dreary hallway and pauses when she see's a familiar boar head male with his back turned to her. Inosuke! She steps inside, glad to see a human around.

They both stare at one another for a good while, unsure what to do or say as they were in the same room, "...sup!" She nods her head at him, a grin on her face.

"....huh!???" He points his swords at her, "get outta my way, woman!! That demon is mine to kill! Mwahahahaha!!" He cackles evilly. She sweat-drops, of course she knew how bloodthirsty inosuke was when it came to fighting demons or people of equal (if not more) strength than him.

(y/n) stares at inosuke's face (or the boar hide that was covering it) before she opened her mouth, "..how bout we beat this demon..together?" She decided to offer instead of letting inosuke go by himself. The boy was reckless in every sense! "Two heads are better than one after all." She shrugs nonchalantly.

inosuke stares at her in silence, lowering his swords for a moment as if he were contemplating her words despite how choppy they were. Suddenly, steam shoots out from the nostrils of the boar hide as he grunts, turning his back on the pretty (h/c)-ette, "don't get in my way and follow me minion!!" He shouts, ignoring what she said as he runs out the room with (y/n) following behind.

She was pleasantly surprised he decided to agree with her proposal but she surmises he wants to get out of here too considering who knows how long he's been stuck in the tsuzumi mansion. (y/n) watches as inosuke cackles menacingly as he slams open doors and checks every nick and corner for other other demons around. He was going extremely fast and the foreign girl can surprisingly keep up. "COME OUT DEMON!!!! FIGHT ME!!!" He yells loudly her ear drums were gonna burst.

"hold on!!!" She shouts at him, as she dodges the wood splinters whenever he broke the doors.

inosuke grunts, turning his head back to her when he sees her behind him and thinking she was slowing him down (which was the opposite), "DON'T SLOW ME DOWN!!" He shouts, getting antsy that he couldn't kill the demon faster. He huffs in irritation as he goes to haul (y/n) over his shoulder, making her yelp as his sudden action as he runs down the halls carrying her weight with no problem.

(y/n) blushes as she clutches onto his back, her hands feeling his muscles (not intentionally of course!).

"w-wait a minute!!!" (y/n) stutters as she tightens her hold on inosuke, "we should think of a plan firrrstt!!" She screams out the last word when the hashibira slams into a room where the (h/c)-ette gasps upon seeing a familiar face staring back at her with surprised wide eyes, "TANJIRO!!!" She leaps off inosuke's shoulder and scurries to his side.

"Oi, MINION!!" inosuke shouts after her before he saw the demon and decided to pay attention to that. Short attention span, ya know.?

The burgundy-haired boy was relieved to see the pretty (h/c)-ette unharmed after he scans her face and body for signs of injuries. He pushes her behind him where the little girl; teruko, was, "stay behind me, (y/n)!! I promise to protect you too!!" He sends her a reassuring smile, making her heart melt from how caring and worried he sounded. Sweet boi...