29: Recovery

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

It took (y/n) a week to find her way back to the demon slayer HQ's all while dragging a wagon full of chibi sized demons behind her. There were moments when she was confronted by demons but luckily, her little 'pokemon's' managed to kill them. There isn't a moment where she hadn't heard those uncultured demons gasp out in shock when they witness the lower/upper moons helping a human. Lol, jokes on them cause she has plot armor...

daki and gyutaro were still hesitant about their choice to come with (y/n) but after seeing how rui and enmu are; the relaxed look on their faces, the glint in their eyes, maybe it wasn't at all hopeless for them either. Maybe, after everything they've been through...they could finally...-

when (y/n) sees the familiar path leading to the demon slayer HQ, the female sighs in relief as she trudges on. She just wanted to rest her body. She was still in her demon slayer clothes but it was half ripped. She was able to scavenge for small berries and fruits so it's not like she was starving. She would have gone for lodging, but it'll be hard to find a room considering people would freak out if they saw what was under the tarp covering the wagon..

anyways, she was glad she escaped muzan, even if it is for just a while. She always thought muzan hated humans and only cared about his own self preservation. In a way, she wasn't wrong. Yet the way he behaved and acted towards her, it sent chills down her spine. He looked dead serious about marrying her and locking her up in his infinity castle. The gleam in his crimson hues...was just terrifying. So, yeah, she did find the demon king hot and attractive asf, but being in a relationship with him?? He was evil!! Unless..—

"just what the fuck is going on??" (y/n) grumbled under her breath, before her eyes shone from seeing the butterfly mansion. It was still broad daylight. She slowly walked towards the building, coming around the backyard as she stumbled upon aoi, whom was doing laundry.

The butterfly girl dropped the sheet in shock as she stares at (y/n), who grins at her while pulling a wagon, "(y-y/n)..." she stumbled back as tears escaped her eyes. The girl had been missing for a whole week since the mission and everyone thought she was dead or eaten!

"he..lp..." the foreign girl was dehydrated and tired that she collapses on the ground unconscious.

....

(y/n) blinks owlishly at the hashira before her, a cheeky grin on her face. It's been a day since aoi and the butterfly girls patched the girl up, whom was now back in her full condition.

"another hashira meeting!??" sanemi looks at (y/n), then at the covered wagon near them as he rubs in between his brows in disbelief, "you can't be serious..." he trails off as he and the others sense the presence of a powerful demon.

tengen widened his eyes at he recognized it, "don't tell me it's...upper moon six!?" His words cause everyone to freeze in shock as they dart their eyes between (y/n) and the wagon, the foreign girl laughing nervously. the sound hashira, despite being retired, was called once more for the meeting.

"surprise..?" There was silence...

oyakata himself was stunned (y/n) managed to bring an upper moon to their side before he relaxes himself and looks at the hashira, "it certainly is a change we've never seen before. I do not discourage any opportunities that might allow us a chance against muzan," he pauses, "although, i would like to know if they are trustworthy. I would like to speak to upper moon six directly." he smiles serenely.

"oyakata-sama!!" sanemi argues, clenching his jaw. He was the one who rejected the idea the most and did not want his master conversing with demons!!

oyakata raises his hand, silencing him, "bring them here." iguro was the one who lifted the wagon and brought it onto the engawa under the shade before retreating back to the others in a kneeling position.