24: Entertainment District

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

tanjiro, inosuke, and zenitsu exchanged confused glances before darting them back to (y/n), whom sat with a dazed expression. They heard she had went on a mission with one of the hashira; shinazugawa sanemi, three days ago. Ever since she came back, they noticed how odd she was behaving making them concerned.

"are you alright, (y/n)?" tanjiro asks, leaning forward just a bit as they sat across each other eating dinner, he was worried for her.

(y/n) hums absentmindedly, not even paying attention.

inosuke whispers to zenitsu, "neh, mitsubishi, do you think something happened to (mis.pro name) during the mission with that scratchy face guy!??"

"maybe." zenitsu hesitantly replies, eating his tempura as he observes the foreign girl and listens to the sound emitting from her. It was not the usual sweet tune he heard, this time it was slightly warped, meaning something did happen.

Speaking of missions, the trio felt ashamed of themselves when shinobu told them what had occurred during their mission with (y/n). The burgundy-haired male was repulsed by his behavior. He acted no different than those perverted men at a brothel and what makes it more shameful is the fact that he remembered what he did after the high left him. Yet, he couldn't do anything to stop his sinful self.

neither zenitsu, tanjiro or inosuke spoke of it. It was a silent vow, a secrecy they plan to keep to their grave amongst them. Although, the kamaboko trio did owe the (h/c)-ette an apology hence why they simultaneously put their chopsticks down, causing the girl to look at them confused. She was startled when they suddenly bowed before her, "g-guys?" She asks.

tanjiro spoke up first, still keeping his forehead touching the ground, "GOMENASAI, (Y/N)-CHAN!!!" He shouts at the top of his lungs, "THE MISSION...WHAT WE DID...GOMENASAI!!" His clenched eyes held little beads of tears, which soon cascaded down his face and onto the tatami floor. He bit his lip harshly, shaking.

Both inosuke and zenitsu shouted their apology too, "GOMEN!!" For once the boar-head was serious and not wild-behaving, meaning this must have been serious for him all this time.

(y/n) stares at them blankly for a moment. Honestly, she had pushed that memory in the far back of her mind. She knew the kamaboko trio were not in their right mind and acted out on impulse from the liquid the demon injected them. She cannot blame them. Although, it does make her face red when she thinks about how their hands roamed her body and their lips...—

She shakes her head, gazing down at them softly, "..your apology is forgiven." She says, prompting them to raise their heads as they fully sat back up, exchanging confused glances.

tanjiro's eyes fill with tears once more, "but....why??" His lips tremble before he clenches his knuckles tight that he drew blood. He was so frightened (y/n) would hate him, distance herself from him. That fear lingered in his chest ever since he slowly recovered from the effects with the antidote shinobu gave him.

(y/n) sighs, scratching her head as she avoids their gaze. Yeah, at the time she was upset when it occurred. She was practically attacked by their raging hormones and she did expect a full apology when she dragged them back to the butterfly mansion, but after sleeping it off, she realized that it wasn't their fault and she also realized that they have feelings for her whether the kamaboko trio noticed it themselves or not.

The foreign girl glances at them, not showing how she truly felt about it all, "you guys weren't yourself, so whatever transpired after that, i do not blame you. It wasn't in your control, it was the demon's fault." She simply says.