23: Together In A Cave

a/n: hey guys, sorry for the late update. I had laundry to do and as i was pushing the cart, i fell over twice and now i have a bump on my leg, it hurts so much, omg. Anyways, don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

Of all the things, oyakata just had to put her and sanemi together on a mission. (y/n) was sure whatever budding friendship they had was instantly decimated when she brought enmu and since then she hadn't seen the wind hashira at all. In fact, she believes he must be peeved to be paired with someone like her.

apparently, there were missing children in one of the villages and it was their job to investigate and find out where the demon has taken them and where its lair is. Shouldn't be too hard. right...?

She adjusted her box which was practically covering her entire back since she was carrying two demons now. (y/n) approaches sanemi who was impatiently waiting for her, a prominent scowl on his face.

When his eyes landed on her, he swiftly turns his back on her and walks ahead, "bout time! We don't have all day to wait!" He rudely says, making her frown.

"relax, if we keep at the pace we're going we'll be at the village in no time." (y/n) remarks, running alongside him. She hopes rui and enmu were okay since they were probably bouncing around in the wooden box. Oops...

It took three days and two nights for them to finally reach the village. Since it was almost sundown, they decided to roam the village a bit and gather information. From multiple accounts, the people said when their kids would be put to sleep in the dead of night, the next morning they were gone! It happened to a several few married couples. So now the other parents are on high alert, keeping tabs on their kids and not leaving them alone.

sanemi clenches his fists tight, glaring at the ground, "this is exactly why i hate demons! They tear families apart and cause anguish and despair!" He spat, harshly stomping away. calm down dog...—

(y/n) knew enmu would keel over in desire if he heard that, making her sweat-drop at the thought.

Nightfall arrived quicker than the blink of an eye! (y/n) has been thinking and decided that when nightfall approaches, she would let enmu and rui out so they won't get uncomfortable in the cramped up space. Hence, when she takes off the wooden box and sets it down, sanemi gives her a narrowed look, "what are you doing?" He demands.

(y/n) rolls her eyes, opening the lid of her box and gazed upon the sight of mini enmu and rui peering back at her. She faintly smiles, answering the wind hashira's question, "i decided from now one, instead of keeping you guys cramped up in there all day and night, you can come out and walk around for a bit. The only condition is if you always keep to my side, okay?"

"WHAT!? YOU'RE LETTING THEM OUT!! WHAT IF THEY ATTACK!?" sanemi angrily shouts, watching with narrowed slits as rui and enmu revert into their normal sizes, hand on his hilt. He was still wary of them. He did not trust them for even a second! Yet the foreign girl is giving them special treatment as if they deserve it! They should be locked up!

However, both lower moons ignored him. enmu stretches his arms as he lets out a groan, smiling with his dazed expression as he leans incredibly close to (y/n)'s face to the point she can feel his breath, "i feel so honored you care so much about me, my little human~." He says in his sultry voice, making the girl blink. He hugs himself, swaying around, "ahhh~ i could almost die from bliss!" He held a perverse look on his face.

"then die." sanemi spat, feeling more angry then ever from how close this demon was to (y/n). He felt repulsive!

rui blankly side eyes enmu, "as if nee-san only cares about you. She meant the both of us, but mostly me." He haughtily says in a cold voice, standing extremely close to his big sis. (y/n) rubs the back of her head cheekily, she kinda loves being fought over. It made her feel giddy as if she were in those drama shows.