26: Upper Moon Six

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

It was another night in yoshiwara as (y/n) wanders the district with awe in her face. She was too enthralled by the village and its entertainment that she was unaware of her surroundings because she was a fucking airhead. Unbeknownst to her, someone was watching and observing her every move with intense eyes.

"..she's here." muzan stares at (y/n) from the corner of an alleyway, an obsessed look on his face. After he learned from his upper moons that the (h/c)-ette was foreign and had powers, he was determined to have her all to himself. Did he look like a total creep hiding behind one of the crumbled wall buildings?..yes, he did. Did he care tho?...not really.

"(y/n)...(y/n)...(y/n)..." the demon king repeatedly calls her name as if he were in a trance, crimson hues glinting dangerously. Even the sound of her name sent pleasurable tingles down his spine, he loves how it rolls off his tongue with each pronunciation.

He had never expected to see her in yoshiwara after his visit to daki, but the moment he caught a glimpse of her face, his body acted on its own and he began stalking her. He was thrilled to have decided to make the trip, otherwise he would have never seen her again.

He knew all about how she brought lower moons one and five to her side. Those traitors, but he will find time to punish them accordingly when the time comes. So for now, he will allow them to think they are safe but in reality, they are from it. Those lower scum....—

The demon king hums the more he thinks about the odd situation between (y/n) and his subordinates, "a human caring for a demon, it is unheard of." Although, knowing the nature of the foreign girl, he wouldn't put it past her. Especially after seeing her care for the sick man and not look at him with disgust. She had this alluring nature to her that simply drew people in.

muzan darts his eyes back to (y/n), slowly eyeing her up and down. He finds that he likes her dressed in fancy clothing of high standards, nothing below is tolerated. After all, she was going to be his little human wifey soon. He slowly disappears into the shadows to begin planning..—

(y/n) was suddenly startled when tengen appears next to her out of thin air, looking wildly alert as he keeps a close stance near the female, whom gave him a confused look, "tengen?" she asks, turning to him worriedly as she puts a hand on his muscular arm, "is everything alright?"

He didn't look at her as he scoured the vicinity and once he deemed it safe, he turns his gaze on her, softening his eyes, "sorry," he apologizes, "i thought i sensed a powerful demon for a moment nearby but looks like the presence is gone now." He crosses his arms as the two begin walking, he glances at her, "try not to wander off without telling me. The demon i sensed was near where you were." He told her in a serious voice.

His response elicited a wide mischievous grin on (y/n)'s face, "so you came all the way cause you were worried about me?? how sweet~." She teases, making tengen's ears turn red as he denies it, but they both knew he probably ran as fast he could to be by her side.

It's been two days since the kamaboko trio infiltrated the three houses. (y/n) was sad she wasn't able to participate since tengen wanted to keep her right beside him with hawk eyes on her every move. Jeez...what the is she?...porcelain?? bone china?? diamonds???!!!

anyways, zenitsu went missing so it was only tanjiro and inosuke left. Despite the others not knowing what happened to him, (y/n) knew but she needed to keep quiet about it regardless of how she wants to tell them everything, otherwise they'll think it's suspicious on how she knows everything.

tengen stands up, glancing at (y/n), tanjiro and inosuke, "i feel bad, it was a mistake to bring you four here," he pauses, a contemplative look on his face, "i was desperate to find my wives that i made some poor decisions regarding the mission. As it stands, zenitsu is missing. There has been no contact at all. You three should leave. If the demon is an upper rank you'll be deadweight (you two at least, not my angel) and i won't allow my fourth wife to be endangered. Therefore, i'm continuing on my own." He stands up and disappears in an instant, not before giving the girl a soft look with a loving caress on her cheek, making her wide eyed before he flashes away.