25: Undercover

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

(y/n) sat with tengen on one of the carriages while the one behind them had the kamaboko trio whom were gazing around the entertainment district with amazed eyes. The place was full of life and crowded with many people. They crossed the entrance that held an arch with a statue of a woman holding shamisen.

As they fully enter the district, there were already women whom were gazing out from the buildings, their beauty designed to attract male customers from those who come to visit or spend the night.

tengen crosses his arms, a nonchalant expression on his face, "listen up, try not to stand out. We're only here to case the joint and whatever you do, don't get out of the carriage." He instructs.

(y/n) snickers to herself, "joint...pfft..it sounds like we're fucking drug dealers with a case full of crack and weed..!" tengen spares her a confused glance as he hears her words but did not understand the last bits.

Inosuke suddenly leaps straight off the carriage with tanjiro following to bring him back, face full of panic, "INOSUKE!!"

When the carriages stopped and her and tengen got out, the sound hashira had an irritated look on his face, "those brats...! at least you managed to stay in place!" He points at zenitsu, which was shocking to the foreign girl because she clearly remembered from the anime how he was the first to leave and gaze upon the females from the brothel houses. In fact, the yellow haired male was not even interested in their waves and smiles towards him.

unbeknownst to the (h/c)-ette, zenitsu has eyes for (y/n) only, no one else.

(y/n), tengen, and zenitsu managed to catch up to tanjiro and inosuke, whom was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people all in one place. She holds the boar-head's hand comfortingly, he squeezed it back. He must have been in shock coming to such a big district like this before.

"w-what kind of place is this!??" The boar head shouts loudly.

"during the day, this place is quiet as a ghost town, but at night it roars to life with all kinds of people, ideal circumstances for a demon. The women here are also unique. Many become courtesans and are sold off to pay their debts. In return, they're given food, clothing and lodging and if they climb up the ranks, a rich man might buy out their contract. The highest ranking courtesan is referred to as a oiran and she's on a whole different level. Her beauty and intelligence are unrivaled and she's mastered every traditional art. A woman of distinction bathed in her house's resources to become their shining star."

tengen then led them to a wisteria household, the four of them following the sound hashira inside, "sorry to impose." Once they all settled down, he looks at (y/n) and the kamaboko trio, "once you're in the entertainment district, you should try to seek out my wives. I'll search for info on the demons." He plainly says.

(y/n) blinks. That's right...makio, suma and hinatsuru are here. She knew the girls were alright, they were kunoichi after all.

"WIVES!?? HOW DARE YOU WASTE OUR TIME BY MAKING US FIND A BRIDE FOR YOU!! YOU SCOUNDREL!! HOW DARE YOU USE US!!" zenitsu shouts, steam escaping his ears as his eyes were crazy-filled.

tengen shouts back irritated, "WHAT KIND OF CRACK ARE YOU ON!? I AM TALKING ABOUT MY WIVES WHO INFILTRATED THE DISTRICT AND ARE WORKING HARD TO GATHER INTEL!!! I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM IN A WHILE SO I NEED TO ENSURE THEY ARE SAFE!!"

zenitsu scoffs, "that's what you would like to believe..—"

(y/n) sighs, "he actually does have three wives, i met them at his estate when he was training me." She clarifies, making tengen let out a smug huff that the (h/c)-ette backed him up on his claim.