9: Mount Natagumo

a/n: another update!! don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

tanjiro shakes as an eerie smell invades his nose. He glances at (y/n), who showed no fear whatsoever but her scent told him that she was just as anxious as he was but hiding it even better. He nods at her, "you're right, let's go." He tells her until inosuke shoves him to the side.

"you all can tremble in fear and hide, but right now, i'm hungry." inosuke's voice lowered deeply, he was ready to hunt and kill some demons.

"a-are you serious!!? You're really gonna go in there!?" zenitsu shrieks, shivering to himself as he heard the sounds of demon's. tanjiro and the others look at him as he shuffles closer to them in fear, "DON'T YOU ALL HEAR THIS TERRIBLE SOUND!?"

(y/n) blinks disbelievingly, "obviously not, we can't hear what you're hearing, thunder-bird!" she huffs.

tanjiro sweatdrops...

(y/n) sighs, looking at zenitsu apathetically, "zenitsu," she begins, catching his attention, "right now there are probably people in there that need our help. If we stay scared, how are we gonna fight and protect them when they need us the most?" zenitsu looks at her sniffling, she continues, patting his head, "i know it's scary. This whole place is scary, trust me. Yet right now, we can't afford to turn tail and hide. You may think you're weak but you're actually the strongest person amongst us." She encourages him.

The three boys listen to her words. They were inspiring to their ears but she was right. They were demon slayers, and they had a job to do regardless of how dangerous the mission is. People are counting on them.

"i'm not gonna let some pussy-assed demon scare me!" (y/n) grins determinedly, causing tanjiro and zenitsu to choke on air as they heard her cuss! inosuke simply cocks his head to the side in confusion.

what is a pussy?? the boar head blinks.

"(y-y/n)!!" tanjiro gapes at her, who shrugs her shoulder's nonchalantly in a 'what?' motion. They soon rush into the mountain while zenitsu was left back to contemplate his life choices while pondering on her words. This was something he needed to do. words were one thing, but actions are another...

As she, tanjiro and inosuke navigate the forest, the foreign gal looks around her, cringing, "this is some harry potter and the dark forest shit." (y/n) mumbles. All she needed was a wand now and she'll be a wizard. she was lucky aragog is not real...she would've ran and never looked back, sorry peeps...

"hah!?? what is this??" inosuke looks at his hands that contain spider webs on it, he shakes it off rapidly before sniffing it.

(y/n) frowns, deadpanning at inosuke, "the whole forest is covered in webs! Look there!...and there!!" She points, all the while keeping an eye out for tiny white spiders. She puts her hands to her hips, frowning.

There was a silence for a while before tanjiro reaches out to hold (y/n)'s hand, causing her to whip her head to him in confusion as he sends her a soft smile, "arigato, (y/n)-chan. Your words comforted me and gave me my strength again," he then looks at inosuke, "and you too inosuke! You came with me because i was scared right? arigato!"

(y/n) looks at inosuke too, grinning, "totally! You showed no fear and that's awesome in itself!"

The boar-headed boy stares at them for a moment before white fuzz balls appear around him. Although that quickly dissipated when he smacks tanjiro's hand away from (y/n)'s, earning the burgundy-haired male's confusion, "GET YOUR HAND AWAY FROM MY MINION! I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO MATE WITH HER!!" He yells.