36: Pillars

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

(y/n) continues stomping away as tanjiro tries to catch up with her, even calling her name out to slow her down but she was too busy fuming to hear the burgundy-haired boy. She was muttering under her breath frantically as he finally caught up to her, walking side by side with him. who does he think he is!??...acting all hot in front of her and then purposely giving a show to all the trainees!!! This isn't no 'Days of our lives' drama!'

tanjiro glances at her, eyes full of worry, "are you alright? did uzui-san make you uncomfortable?" he asks, remembering the closeness the two shared back his estate. The bitter feeling was still there but faint. He felt like he was losing the (h/c)-ette to other potential suitors whom were far better than him, but he wasn't a guy to give up so easily when the going gets tough.

(y/n) slows down her pace as they now take their time walking to the mist hashira's estate. her eyes glance up at the sky, clear blue and white puffy clouds in her range of sight as the bird chirped on the branches of the trees. she sighs, "no, i'm fine. tengen's just being a jerk! he is absolutely shameless through and through! that guy..." she clicks her tongue, "then he got the audacity to smirk about it!"

tanjiro slumps his shoulders in relief, a smile plastered on his lips, "...thank goodness, i thought he made you uncomfortable. he is definitely straightforward..." he sweat-drops...and bold...—

"he's a meathead." (y/n) snidely says. tanjiro tilts his head, meathead??? They look ahead of them as near the mist hashira's estate. upon entering, they were met with muichirou sparring with the trainees whom were being outmatched by him easily.

"ah," muichirou's eyes brightened from the sight of (y/n) and tanjiro. He lowers his fists, smiling at them, "you made it." he says, approaching them. Ever since he got his memory back, he's been much more different from before.

the foreign girl grins at the mist hashira, "muichirou!" Said male looks at her, grasping her hands in his, "you look much better now and your wounds have healed! I honestly thought i did an 'okay' job, ya know!" she smiles in relief, poking his chest and arm with her index finger as his eyes soften at her, letting her do what she wants.

"mhm, you healed me up pretty nicely, (y/n)." he hums, she giggles as he pats her head. gimme more~...—

soon after, the training begins. tanjiro was up first against the mist hashira, both boys exchanging blows like this was some kind of WWE match!..of maybe it was boxing??

The burgundy-haired male was much faster than he was before. The training is to help ease the muscles and tense them up more smoothly during combat. This will improve stamina so no one collapses quickly...cause god knows the trainees need all the help they can get cause they're slow asf..—

when it was (y/n)'s turn against muichirou, since she already had flexibility from doing gymnastics and parkour, she was able to slide and maneuver from his attacks with ease. She even did a 'black widow' moment on him, swinging her body around his as he was disoriented, managing to pin his body down with ease, rendering some of his limbs useless.

(y/n) grins, breathing heavily as she looks down at him, sweat forming on the base of her forehead, "so?..how was that??" she asks, releasing him. muichirou stares up at her with wide eyes, he was stunned. seeing her top him made him realize he was thinking dirty scenarios about it...—

the mist hashira sits up, blinking to rid the image in his head, clearing his throat, "....that was excellent. your body coordination is perfect." he stands back up, looking at the two with an approved look, "you can go to the next pillar, your training here is done." he says with a smile.