22: Under The Influence

a/n: dont forget to comment!!! Also, the kamaboko trio are 18 years old!!

The kamaboko trio and (y/n) were together on a mission. The kasugai crow was leading them to a village where multiple men and women have disappeared over night. It sucks having to travel on foot but hey, it's exercise for the body right?..or so she thinks, "...i want a car..." she whimpers to herself, legs aching.

"I wonder what kind of demon it is." tanjiro thinks as he gazes up at the sky, catching (y/n)'s attention as he spoke up.

"WHO CARES!!! THE GREAT INOSUKE WILL KILL IT FIRST, GONPACHIRO!!!" the boar head shouts, pointing at the burgundy-haired male while cackling.

"it's tanjiro!!"

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID, TONTARO!!!" inosuke shouts, an irk mark on his head, fist high in the sky, making the burgundy-haired male sigh. The four soon arrive at the village at dawn. They walked around trying to find clues when zenitsu spoke up, a disturbed frown on his face as he cups one side of his ear.

"neh, what's that disturbing sound? It sounds...creepy." the yellow haired male sweats heavily. The sound was uncomfortable. (y/n), tanjiro and inosuke look at him concerned, he was hugging himself.

"zenitsu," (y/n) pats his head comfortingly, "whatever it is, i'm sure we can handle it." She smiles, making the yellow-haired male calm down a bit. Just a bit.

It was then the kamado boy picks up on a rancid smell, making his nose twist up as he cringes, a grimace on his face, "a demon is here, i can smell it." He runs up ahead with (y/n) and the others following behind. They enter a dense forest and it didn't help how dark it was. The presence of a demon was much stronger the more further in they get.

Demons they need to be in enclosed areas with plenty shade from the sun during the day, so the woods/forest was a perfect hideaway.

They venture further a bit more when they froze, looking at an old abandoned house. The doors were old and broken, the windows were smashed in. Weeds and vines made home on the exterior to the roof.

tanjiro covered his nose, brows furrowed, "i smell blood and a lot of it! The demon is inside!" The four of them rush in with (y/n) dragging a scared zenitsu by the collar behind her whilst he clutches onto her. The burgundy haired male slowly slides the front door open, peering his head inside. It reminded him of the tsuzumi mission a while back.

"this brings back memories..." (y/n) murmurs, cautiously looking around, she winced as zenitsu was practically glued to her form, his chest touching her back as he accidentally steps on the backs of her heel as they were walking, although he was too frightened to notice, making her sigh.

As they wander the eerie hallways, (y/n) instantly saw claw marks and huge splatters of blood followed by bones in every nook and corner as if they were tossed carelessly to the side. There was a clatter in one of the rooms further back that caught their attention as they all drew their swords.

the foreign girl readies her powers.

tanjiro looks back at them since he was up front, clutching his blade tightly, a stern look on his face, "alright, let's not be hasty, here's what we'll do...-" he was cut off by an overexcited boar-head.

"...—COME OUT DEMON!!! HAHAHA!!"

"INOSUKE!!!" tanjiro calls out exasperatedly.

In one swift motion, inosuke slams the door down and off its hinges by a kick from his foot. Inside were two demons, a male and female, each had a pile of dead bodies by their feet. The demon growled and hissed, "how dare you intrude on our feast!!" The male demon snarls and they instantly attack.