8: Wisteria Family Crest

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

tanjiro looks at (y/n) with a curious look on his face, "what do you plan to do now, (y/n)-chan?" He asks her, furrowing his brows in worry, "if you want, you can come with us for a place to rest. In fact, i insist." He says to her, before reminding himself she did not fully understand him yet.

So to make things as simple as possible, he tried to make hand gestures. By that, he meant holding her hand and doing a walk-motion before putting his thumbs up or thumb down.

(y/n) blinks owlishly at him but somehow understood his lingo...

Somehow despite being separated in the tsuzumi mansion, tanjiro could tell that (y/n) managed on her own despite not having a nichirin blade and he was very curious about her strange ability she portrayed on inosuke earlier. Although, he did not want to be too nosy and invade her business.

(y/n) smiles, looking at the sky, "i think i'll tag along for just a little more." She says, gripping his sleeve to emphasize she was sticking with them. Thus, the four descend the mountain and follow the crow to the wisteria family household where she knew they were headed to.

Throughout the journey, inosuke was yelling at her or tanjiro to fight him, "FIGHT ME YOU WIMP!!!"

tanjiro frowns at him while carrying zenitsu, "my name is not wimp!!! It's kamado tanjiro and her name is (y/n)!!"

"KAMABOKO GONPACHIRO AND (MIS.PRO NAME)!!!" inosuke mispronounces, making (y/n) giggle at him. She found it endearing.

By nightfall when the full moon is up, they finally arrive at a household that holds the wisteria family crest. tanjiro's crow caws out, "rest! Rest!"

The door slides open revealing the owner who is the old lady. She was so cute with her hair-do all puffed up!! granny...

"g-ghost!..a ghost!" zentisu squeaks out like a tiny squirrel as inosuke marches up to the old lady and pokes her head repeatedly, "oi, she's weak." tanjiro smacks his hand away, glaring.

The old lady leads them inside the household. There were shrubs, bushes, and small lakes with fishies inside. It was beautiful. They soon enter the main room where the elder woman leads the boys to a separate room while guiding (y/n) to another to allow her to bathe and get dressed, "a young woman like yourself should get privacy away from hormonal boys." She pats the foreign girl's head, leaving her confused.

(y/n) was soon by herself, which felt kind of lonely in her opinion. So after she got dressed in the striped yukata, she hurriedly went to the dining room where she was welcomed by tanjiro who gestures her to sit down as they all begin eating, stuffing their stomach's full.

"eh? why are you not using your chopsticks, (y/n)-chan??" zentisu asks while motioning to the eating utensils as he sees the female eating with her hands politely, like she always did. Although inosuke was being more brutish about it as he stuffs his face.

"hm?" (y/n) batted her eyelashes subconsciously, making the yellow-haired male blush. She straightens up, "oh," she rubs her neck embarrassedly, "i don't know how to eat with chopsticks." She admits. They don't understand a word she said, so tried to use hand gestures by pointing at the chopsticks and doing an X with her arms with an added shrug.

tanjiro blinks, quickly catching on, "i think she's trying to say she doesn't know how to use them.?" Both boys could tell its because she wasn't from around where they were. Her looks, personality, and language speak for themselves. Foreign. They knew it, but she simply confirmed it herself.

The kamado boy smiles gently at her, "here, let me help you." He takes her hand in his, their fingers almost intertwining together as he shows her how to hold the chopsticks, "like this." He moves their hands together to pick up a tempura, smiling as she struggles to do it but manages in no time, "there you go!"