40: Visits Every Month

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!! Sorry the late updates, i had errands to do yesterday!!

It was a bright and sunny morning, the rays of the sun shone through the windows of (y/n)'s small bedroom, the girl whom was currently groaning in pain and laying stomach-down on her bed. She did not want a futon. A red patch drenched the pristine white sheets as aoi walks in, gasping as she sees the female and rushes towards her, thinking something terrible happened to the girl.

"(y/n)!! are you alright?!" aoi worriedly asks before realizing the situation, the (h/c)-ette has her moon cycle! "oh dear, lemme bring you something and also a change of clothes and bed sheet!" She hurries out the room quick on her feet, leaving the foreign girl to writhe in her own pain.

why must women suffer so..?!! the (h/c)-ette whines.

aoi quickly comes back and helps (y/n). She first gives her something to help with the bleeding. It was a cloth of fiber made of wisteria, vine and other stuff. A loincloth, basically.

(y/n) stares sadly at the loincloth, feeling like a cave-girl from the old ages, "i want pads..." she cries comically, taking the material as she examines it. She was unsure how to use it and aoi could clearly see it on her face, prompting a sigh from the butterfly girl as she helps her to put it on.

"what's the matter, (y/n)-chan?? don't you know how to use the cloth? how were you getting by with your moon cycles?" aoi asks, making (y/n) recall the devastating memories of having to use make-shift ones since she didn't know how to ask the women of the villages for pads considering those weren't even invented, heck she didn't know they had another name for it!! She was embarrassed to even bring it up!! Hence, she had to struggle and make something. taisho era was tough...—

(y/n) felt so uncomfortable with the loincloth on her private parts that she kept on shifting, her face grimacing every once in a while. How do girls deal with this stuff?!! loincloths suck and pads rule!! once aoi changes the sheets, she ushers the foreign girl to the baths, where she was able to refresh herself.

"arigato, aoi! you're a big help!" (y/n) smiles gratefully, making the girl blush as she sits in the warm cylinder-like bathtub made of wood, steaming water enveloping her and easing her cramps. It obviously wasn't like the modern baths from her world but it would have to suffice!

since (y/n) was feeling lazy and drained of energy, she decided to not train at all and simply see what the others were doing. She approaches the backyard of the butterfly mansion, seeing tanjiro and the others sparring with each other with their blades. The kamaboko trio pauses when the foreign girl was in view, "ah, (y/n)!! have you come to train with us?" tanjiro smiles at her before his nose crinkles after picking up a stench of metallic. He sniffs the air. Blood, he smells blood.

the burgundy-haired male traces the scent of metallic back to (y/n) and snaps his eyes open in a worried frenzy, searching her body for wounds and not finding nothing. He sighs in relief but he wonders where the stench of blood is coming from before realizing....his eyes widen. oh........—

zenitsu darts past tanjiro, the male panicked as he shouts for the yellow-haired male, "zenitsu, wait!!" He was too late as he engulfs (y/n) in a tight hug. He did not see it, but tanjiro saw the uncomfortable look on her face and goes to yank him away from her, "zenitsu!! stop it already! don't you see (y/n) is unwell today!!" He frowns.

(y/n) widens her eyes at tanjiro as she remembers he can smell...oh mah gawd...that means he smelled her blood...!!! an embarrassed look was on her face.

inosuke then jumps in, "HAH!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAQUITO!!? IS (MIS.PRO NAME) SICK!??" He points his finger at (y/n), whom wishes she was buried six feet under now from all the unnecessary attention on her.