21: Alone

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!!

Disbelief. Shock. Anger. Those were the emotions the hashira were experiencing as they look at (y/n), whom cheekily scratched her cheek. Resting on the engawa where oyakata was, was the box that contained two of the twelve kizuki; lower moons one and five. Although rui was accounted for in a previous trial full of confusions, doubt and wariness, they were not sure about enmu, especially considering the recent mission.

The dream demon was the very one that caused the causalities on the mugen train. The same demon that the flame hashira; rengoku kyojuro was sent to solve. The same demon whom tried to kill their fellow comrades and failed. The same demon whom was now sitting quietly in the box....

There was a tension so thick (y/n) could almost cut it with her blade but she remains quiet, letting them gather their thoughts because she knew a certain hashira was going to explode...and explode he did.

"JUST WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" sanemi yells, he was in a state of disbelief. Another demon!!? Since when was the demon slayer corp a charity case for flesh eating monsters!??

(y/n) knew this was coming, but she could't help the cringe as her ears rung from his loud voice. Damn, so loud!! She thinks before facing them.

The foreign girl shrugs with a grin, "oh, i'll tell you what's wrong with me," she pauses for dramatic effect, building up tension before blurting out, "i'm a demon magnet and i'm collecting these little rascals like fucking pokémon!" She says, flipping her hair sassily.

"............" all the hashira's look at her blankly for a moment. Demon magnet? She got that right.

oyakata simply smiles. His hunch was right, it always was. He knew there was gonna be a change in the air when he first heard about (y/n) and honestly, he welcomed it. If it meant defeating kibutsuji with his own creations, then he shall gather all the forces he can. In all his years, not once had a demon came to their side before, but this girl, not even a veteran of the demon slayer corps, managed to bring TWO into their midst. The tides were turning in their favor...

"calm down, sanemi." oyakata says in his soothing voice, making the wind hashira calm down as he averts his eyes. He tries to contain his anger but this was just inexcusable! His fists clench so tightly, little droplets of blood cascaded onto the pavement with a soft plop.

The demon slayer corps is an organization that devotes to eradicating all demons. If they suddenly open their doors to any demon who claims to have changed or chooses to side with humans, it will destroy the whole system and rules which have been created for centuries. The hashira can't simply allow grace. This is what sanemi thinks, at least. Although, the others weren't too far beyond either.

However, his one downfall is his own ignorance. His ignorance does not allow the corps to change and develop if they continue to have that kind of mindset. To disregard one's wishes to change for the better is like saying you're not entitled to making a life! Everyone deserves to redeem and have a choice. In more ways than one, having demons by their side is simply unbelievable, but it gives them a fighting chance and that's what counts.

However, it's not like (y/n) can change a whole foundation that has been there for years by just a few convincing words. These people have ingrained in their minds their hatred and dislike for demons. She knew that much. They've solidified their reasons for creating this organization and to have it all come crumbling down because the same enemies are now allowed into their haven was just insane!

The only thing she can do is continue believing that whatever she is doing is the right thing and to not regret her choices. The only thing she can do is prove to them her ideas are not crazy and that demons are capable of making a stance. Obviously there are some whom lost their humanity to the demon blood within them completely and become true monsters (those ones have to go!), but there are others who still retain their conscious will and those are the type of people (y/n) is betting on, wagering on.