Episode 4: Restless

EPISODE 4:
"RESTLESS"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN.

INT. GUEST ROOM

SHANE tosses and turns as flashes of Demonspawn go through his head, SHANE sitting up as he rubs his head and looks at the clock which reads 3:12 AM.

SHANE huffs loudly and lays back down, wide awake.

SHANE
(O.S.)
Sleep, a luxury one can ill afford not to have in the FRINGE...But one I continue to avoid...

INT. KITCHEN

SHANE makes himself a drink as ANTHONY looks up from his DESK, his lamp the only light on aside the glow from his LAPTOP as he lowers his glasses as SHANE comes over towards him.

ANTHONY
Another restless night...?

SHANE
Ever since that Demonspawn bullshit a few days ago man, I can't sleep worth shit.

ANTHONY
They're scary fuckin' things man, I imagine the others are suffering the ill effects as well.

SHANE
That's good to know.

SHANE yawns as ANTHONY continues to type away.

SHANE
Working on EPISODE ONE still?

ANTHONY
The intricate plot details lend itself to much exploration, however I'm finding it difficult to put dialog that can convey the heavy handed magnitude of such an universe.

SHANE
Sounds like a problem.

ANTHONY
The dialog will suffice, but it will need to be fine tuned through the course of time, why don't you go on down to the TAVERN? I'm sure AUSTIN or EMMA will be there, I could use the extra little quiet since you seem to be up and about.

SHANE
That's cold man.

ANTHONY
Well this is my most productive hour, and you are encroaching on my big battle scene between OBI-Wan and a fleet of Droids.

SHANE
Well in that case.

SHANE yawns and puts his cup down as he throws on a jacket and walks out in a plain gray T shirt, and pajama bottoms.

INT. THE TAVERN

Smooth JAZZ is playing as SHANE walks in and notices that everyone else was there, CHARLES waving him down towards their booth as SHANE scoots in beside NIKKI who pushes his head as SHANE givers her a look and then lays his head on the table as NIKKI smiles.

CHARLES
What's your poison sport?

SHANE
I don't wanna drink, I wanna sleep.

AUSTIN
The drinking helps.

SHANE
EMMA...

EMMA
Get your own damn drinks I ain't on the clock.

SHANE
Grr.

SHANE pouts and gets up, going around the bar as CHARLES leans back in his seat, much more alert and aware then the others who all look haggard and sleep deprived.

CHARLES
So, It's safe to assume that you're having some sleeping problems of your own?

SHANE
Bingo, circle gets the square.

EMMA
Goddamn Demonspawn.

SHANE
Is that what it is?

NIKKI
Yeah, an adverse effect of dealing with Demonspawn is an overwhelming amount of dread. Even though we've faced them on numerous occasions, they still like to make frequent and often inopportune visits to my subconscious.