Episode 7: Trouble Man

EPISODE 7
"TROUBLED MAN"

FADE IN

OPENING CREDITS

INT. DINER

CHARLES rubs his head as he closes his eyes, a voice speaking loudly through his mind.

CROWLEY
(O.S.)
You know that if I do this, you will owe me...rather hugely I might add...

CHARLES
(O.S.)
I wouldn't have asked you if I wasn't aware of the deals. Can you do it or not?

CROWLEY
(O.S.)
Find your wife? I don't think that should be so hard to do.

CHARLES
(O.S.)
Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

CROWLEY
(O.S.)
And the information on PROJECT DECONSTRUCTION?

CHARLES
(O.S.)
I can...

EMMA
Hey.

CHARLES drops his spoon as he was using it to stir his coffee, CHARLES rubbing his face as he smiles and watches as EMMA sits across from him, a serious look on her face as CHARLES moves the spoon and takes a drink of the coffee before speaking.

CHARLES
Hey, EM.

EMMA
Are you going to tell me what I already know, or am I going to have to twist the screws on you.

CHARLES
EMMA...?

EMMA
I saw you, yesterday. Going to ALISTAR fucking CROWLEY'S place...

CHARLES
Goddamnit, EMMA.

EMMA
Why?

CHARLES
You don't...this isn't something you need to know about.

EMMA
I would say I get too, we all get too. This is bullshit CHARLES, we are your family...and you're going behind our backs to that fucking prick!?

CHARLES
It's...complicated.

EMMA
No it's not, just tell me, please...

CHARLES
CROWLEY is going to help me find my wife, EMMA.

EMMA
Wife?

CHARLES
Yes.

EMMA
When did you have a wife?

CHARLES
This is not the time or place to talk about this, I have an assignment on the way for you guys and I don't need to be in any more of an agitated state then I already am?!

EMMA
This is not over between us, do you understand me? Not by a fucking long shot.

CHARLES
Fine. Gather the others at the spot and we'll talk. Okay?

EMMA
Fine.

EMMA gets up out of the booth and heads on towards the counter tops as CHARLES rubs his head and rubs his temple as EMMA orders, looking at CHARLES with concern as he seems lost in thought again.

CHARLES
I have to find her...

FEMALE VOICE
(O.S.)
You won't like what you find...

CHARLES
Stop saying that...

FEMALE VOICE
(O.S.)
Stay away...

CHARLES
I can't...

COLBY
Can't what?

CHARLES looks up to see COLBY sitting across from him, COLBY ordering as CHARLES looks over to EMMA who was watching him carefully as CHARLES reaches over and takes the file, reading it over for a few moments before closing it and putting it next to him.