Episode 46: High Stakes

EPISODE 46
"HIGH STAKES"

RECAP-EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWER'S, CRUZ AND THE UNDERWORLD, VAMPIRES, and the LAST EPISODE

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. CHARLES'S APARTMENT

CHARLES sits up from his couch, his eyes still closed as he was still half asleep as he can hear noise from his KITCHEN, CHARLES looking groggily to see BURGY making breakfast, CHARLES yawning as he stretches as he gets up and comes and takes a seat at the counter, BURGY handing him a glass of apple juice as he nods at her.

BURGY
Not going to ask how we got in?

CHARLES
I'm assuming...(yawning) that she had an extra key I sorta remember giving her a long time ago.

BURGY
I'm surprised she fell asleep before you got home.

CHARLES
Why are you two here?

BURGY
It was your idea to go somewhere safe and off the radar.

CHARLES
I am definitely not off the radar.

BURGY
Relax, it was just for the night. At least for her.

CHARLES
Huh?

BURGY
They'll be expecting her here, right?

CHARLES
Yes?

BURGY
Exactly. So we'll put her up with one of yours and go from there.

CHARLES
What about you?

BURGY
I'm fine with the room.

CHARLES
What's this about?

BURGY
I need TERESA'S head clear...I add you two into a room together...alone...things with you two tend to get...

CHARLES
I know.

BURGY
So understand that my apprehension towards you two and any form of...relations could be a hindrance.

CHARLES
Fair enough.

BURGY
I received word that ARIUS has been apprehended.

CHARLES
That was quick.

BURGY
DAVIEL has had some inkling where to find some FOLLOWER'S. Once ARIUS was mentioned to be alive, well...you know DAVIEL.

CHARLES
Oh yeah.

BURGY
TERESA is down there now, I told her we'd meet up with her once we've awoken.

CHARLES
And yet you're making us breakfast?

BURGY
I'm not a complete bitch. We did break into your house.

CHARLES
I guess so.

BURGY makes a plate as CHARLES takes a drink and looks at his phone, CHARLES smirking as he puts it away as BURGY sets a plate down in front of him, BURGY checking her phone as she does before her eyes go big, BURGY sighing as she takes the plate and puts it into the MICROWAVE.

CHARLES
What the hell?

BURGY
Duty calls. Let's go.

CHARLES rolls his head, and pouts as he stands and goes into the BATHROOM as BURGY looks concerned.

INT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING-INTERROGATION ROOM

BURGY and CHARLES come out of the ELEVATOR as CHARLES can see ARIUS seated behind the GLASS, smiling to himself as DAVIEL and TERESA meet them halfway.