Episode 18: Manhunt

EPISODE 18
"MANHUNT"

FADE IN

COLD OPEN

INT. WAREHOUSE

ANGELS, DEMONS, AND UNDEAD FORCES storm inside of the WAREHOUSE as CHARLES, BENJAMIN, DREW, and LINTON come in the middle of it, armored and geared up as they push through the crowd as ANGELS and DEMONS have their GUNS and BLADES raised as CHARLES comes up beside BENJAMIN as they break through to the front, the TWO looking at each other as they look over towards JARED who was standing, arms in the air.

JARED
Gentlemen. I was wondering when you would get here.

BENJAMIN
What's this all about?

JARED
Isn't it obvious?

JARED looks about as he was being surrounded, JARED slowly going to his knees as he puts his arms behind his head.

JARED
I'm turning myself in.

BENJAMIN looks confused as CHARLES watches skeptically as a few men bind JARED as JARED just stares at them with a smirk.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

EXT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING

27 HOURS EARLIER

FORCES are mobilizing as PICTURES of JARED are passed out and uploaded into DATAPADS as BENJAMIN is moving units on a VIRTUAL BOARD that was set up in a TENT as the TRIO were finishing hooking up their equipment as DREW comes over near CHARLES, the two shaking hands as LINTON was talking DAVIEL.

BENJAMIN
Alright everyone, this is officially a go. We have three suspected locations, and we are putting all our resources into this. We have a huge net, and we're casting it out to every corner of each QUADRANT until we find this bastard, and get us some damn answers.

LINTON
I've got all my units beginning to set up roadblocks at various crossing points.

DREW
What are we going to do about the RECLAIMER UNITS?

BENJAMIN
I've got TERESA, DAVIEL and some of the others organizing a full work list, we'll have them busy in no time.

DREW
And what of this, head start we were promised?

JERRY
We're hoping whatever it is, it'll be something we catch on one of the extra-net video feeds.

MULCIBER
But that could always be a long shot, he could just be toying with us.

BENJAMIN
We are very aware, but we cannot let this opportunity pass.

CHARLES says nothing as BENJAMIN looks at him, BENJAMIN snapping his fingers at him as CHARLES gives him a look.

BENJAMIN
Are you going to be alright in this?

CHARLES
Why wouldn't I be?

BENJAMIN
You're close. They came to you and yours, been gunning after you. You may be too close...

CHARLES
Someone you know, or maybe, you yourself is helping them, and that's something I want to find out more than just...catching this guy.

BENJAMIN
You and me both.

DREW
Well, while we do that, CHARLES, a word.

DREW brings CHARLES over to the corner as BENJAMIN begins moving more of the virtual blimps around as DREW rubs his chin.

DREW
He's right you know, you and yours may be too close.

CHARLES
Me and mine can handle it.