Episode 37: Owners of A Lonely Heart

EPISODE 37:
OWNERS OF A LONELY HEART

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. ANTHONY'S APARTMENT

The TV is running as a REPORTER is speaking outside of what appears to be a STUDIO LOT, the FEMALE UNDEAD REPORTER speaking casually and firm as people work feverishly behind her.

REPORTER
Though production of the twice halted action drama BULLET EXPRESS will begin filming it's last few scenes in a matter of days, word on whether newly exonerated director ANTHONY FERRA returning to finish the film, remains a mystery. FERRA, as many recount, was released days ago after some heinous accusations were lobbied against him which found him incarcerated at the BRIG for several days. Though he has been cleared and welcomed back warmly by those who have supported him, no sightings of him or word from his camp have been able to be reached by those surrounding the production, which begs the question. Will the greatest filmmaker of our time be able to return to what he loves?

ANTHONY turns the TV off as he wraps a blanket around himself and sips at a glass of whiskey.

INT. SHANE'S APARTMENT

SHANE brushes his teeth as NIKKI finishes dressing, SHANE comes into the room as he slaps her on the ass but NIKKI quickly punches him in the arm.

SHANE
Whoa, ow, damn babe, right in the tender part...

SHANE rolls his sleeve up as VIN'S CLAW MARKS are still on his arm but scabbed over as SHANE rubs it a few times as NIKKI gives SHANE a look.

NIKKI
Well, don't be a man.

SHANE
Really? You're going to go there with it.

NIKKI
I still think we can wait and do this, I think we need to be with ANTHONY, he's not been taking any of this well.

SHANE
I wouldn't either, but I took care of it. He'll be fine. And if he's not, you know right now, that's not really our problem.

NIKKI
You wouldn't be saying that if it were you in his shoes.

SHANE
I wouldn't have put myself in those shoes to begin with.

NIKKI
People make mistakes, SHANE. We all have.

SHANE
He went to him knowing exactly the kind of person he was.

NIKKI
Just cuz CHARLES says it doesn't make it true.

SHANE
No, but if CHARLES says something about someone's character for so long, you start to wonder.

NIKKI
Look, I'm sorry I brought it up, can we at least just try and have a good evening tonight.

SHANE
That's the plan, hun. Nice dinner, little dancing maybe. Some after meal coitus.

NIKKI
See there you go, being a man again.

SHANE
I'm going to jump into the shower and get ready.

NIKKI
Okay.

SHANE kisses her on the cheek as NIKKI continues getting dressed, SHANE smiling at her as he heads off back into the BATHROOM.

INT. THE DINER

CHARLES sips at his drink as CINDY sets his and COLBY'S FOOD DOWN, COLBY rubbing his neck as CINDY caresses his shoulder for a moment before heading to the next table COLBY giving her a look over as CHARLES bites into his burger.

CHARLES
Long night?

COLBY
I had a lot of paperwork to finish sorting through. TERESA seemed to have been rather busy.