Episode 26: Chain of Command

EPISODE 26:
"CHAIN OF COMMAND"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. DINER

CHARLES and NIKKI sit across from each other as NIKKI raises an eyebrow as CHARLES is devouring his jalapeno burger hungrily, his fries all but gone as his drink was being refilled by CINDY as NIKKI looks out the window to see SHANE pulling up on his motorcycle, CHARLES sneering as the loud engine roars for a few moments before SHANE cuts it off and throws his hair back, NIKKI keeping her eyebrow raised at him but in a different manner as AUSTIN comes from around the back and takes a seat next to CHARLES, where AUSTIN had his own plate nearly finished as SHANE comes in and spots them, AUSTIN waving them over as SHANE comes and waits for NIKKI to scoot in as CINDY comes and sets CHARLES'S DRINK down, and takes AUSTINS'S plate.

SHANE
Nothing for me, CINDY.

CINDY
Good, wasn't going to ask you anyways.

SHANE
Feisty!

CINDY
You know it.

SHANE
What's we got today, Boss?

CHARLES
Nada.

SHANE
Nada? The fuck is nada, we got nothing?

CHARLES
COLBY said we've got nothing, so I don't know what else to tell you. You got other jobs, go do those.

SHANE
I'm off today.

NIKKI
Me too.

AUSTIN
I haven't booked anything in a few months, I know my emails are backed up tho.

SHANE
Time to feed the snake man.

AUSTIN
The snake is tired.

SHANE
That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

AUSTIN
I know, it's like Auschwitz in my pants.

NIKKI
Okay, now that this conversation has officially jumped the shark, I'm going to meet GENO.

CHARLES
I do not like you going to that guy, NIKKI. He's not a person to be trusted.

NIKKI
CHARLES, No Arms Trafficker is someone you're suppose to trust, but he gets me the modified guns I want, and since I lost most of my stash due to LINTON'S men never giving them back, I have to re up again, and that means dealing with GENO.

SHANE
Cool, I'll tag for that.

NIKKI
You'll tag for that?

SHANE
For the, whatever, the arms deal, the guns.

NIKKI
Did I ask you to come? Do you think I need a man to watch my back?

SHANE
Oh don't start that feminist bullshit with me, I'm off today, we've got nothing to do, and I may be in the market to buy myself a new gun, shit, so yeah, I'm tagging along. Deal with it.

NIKKI
Alright. Well get your ass out the booth so we can go.

SHANE
Wanna ride bitch on the girl?

NIKKI
Uh, no. I'll drive MY car, like a normal fucking person.

CHARLES
You tell him, NIK.

SHANE
The fuck?

CHARLES
I hate your MOTORCYCLE, SHANE.

SHANE
No shit.

SHANE scoots out as he holds a fist out to AUSTIN who bumps it as NIKKI looks at him for a moment before heading out of the door with SHANE, CHARLES going back to his burger as AUSTIN rubs his head for a moment before he chuckles begrudgingly to himself before he stands, pulling his wallet out as CHARLES looks up at him as he sets his money down.