Episode 19: When It's Needed

EPISODE 19
"WHEN IT'S NEEDED"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

EXT. INTERROGATION ROOM

JARED sits in a ROOM covered in HEX SPELLS, WARDED MAGIC, and other means of confinement as JARED'S WRISTS and ANKLES are bound as CHARLES stands beside SHANE who was looking into the room as TERESA comes over and shows BENJAMIN a DATAPAD.

CHARLES
You sure about this?

SHANE
Are you going to keep asking me? I told you I can handle it.

CHARLES
Just needing to be sure.

SHANE
Where's everybody at?

CHARLES
I got AUSTIN going to get EMMA for an assignment, ANTHONY should be here soon.

SHANE
Sure those two can handle it alone?

CHARLES
AUSTIN says they can.

SHANE
Okay, what's the plan?

TERESA
We need everything we can get, we need motive, locations, explanations.

BENJAMIN
The name of his mole.

CHARLES
Anything he can give us.

SHANE
You make it all sound so easy.

TERESA
He's going to try and get into your head, twist you around, throw things at you that you don't need to know.

SHANE
I know the guy.

TERESA
How?

SHANE
I just do.

TERESA
a lot is riding on this, twelve past midnight...

SHANE
It's SHANE.

TERESA
Regardless. You need to keep your head on, if you start to crack, I'll pull you out and I'll put someone else in there who can handle it.

CHARLES
Not the time for this.

TERESA
I am just laying out the stakes.

BENJAMIN
We'll be watching and monitoring from here.

SHANE
You're sure this place is secure?

BENJAMIN
More secure than the SYSTEM'S BUILDING? Absolutely not. But only the seven people with top level access who know of this location are here and if they try anything...

CHARLES
We'll have a pretty good indication on who and what.

BENJAMIN
But a name is preferable.

SHANE
Okay, I'm going in then.

SHANE steps up to the area and is scanned by ultra-beam light that reads his soul's make up before authorizing his entrance into the room.

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM

JARED smiles as SHANE comes over and stands in front of him, SHANE not saying anything as JARED watches him as SHANE pulls the chair out from the table and takes a seat.

JARED
I am a little surprised they sent you in here first.

SHANE
Isn't this all part of your plan, having me come in here.

JARED
Not quite. Though it is nice to have that sort of convenience.

SHANE
I know you're not planning on telling me anything I want to know. So we can go ahead and cut that dancing around bullshit out the way.