Episode 40: The Pendulum Swings

EPISODE 40:
"THE PENDULUM SWINGS"

RECAP

FADE IN

FLASHBACK

INT. FOLLOWER COMPOUND

ASTAROTH, the DEMON LEADER of the MISFIT terrorist cell runs down a hallway before hiding behind a pillar as some of the MASKED FOLLOWER'S appear searching for him, ASTAROTH curbing his heavy breathing as he holds his PISTOL to him as a few of the FOLLOWER'S head off before ASTAROTH takes back down the hallway but ducks as a few spot him and begin opening fire, ASTAROTH firing back as LANCE appears around a corner and aims at ASTAROTH, the TWO trading fire before ASTAROTH takes cover as LANCE begins slowly pacing towards him, LANCE pointing out areas for his FOLLOWER'S to go to ambush him.

LANCE
This doesn't have to end badly, ASTAROTH...

ASTAROTH
Do you even understand what you're doing! What could happen if you succeed!

LANCE
We'll be making this world a better place.

ASTAROTH
You're insane.

LANCE
Now that's not nice.

A FOLLOWER moves in closer but ASTAROTH fires into his eyes, killing him as LANCE chuckles.

LANCE
We've been partners for a few years now, ASTAROTH. I thought you wanted to work for something higher and better than what the SYSTEM has given us all.

ASTAROTH
Not at the cost of my soul...

LANCE
You're not looking at the bigger picture.

ASTAROTH
Oh I see your bigger picture. And I won't abide!

LANCE
Then you have to die.

ASTAROTH watches as some of the SHADOWS descend closer to him, ASTAROTH looking at the window across the hallway from him as ASTAROTH fires three rounds into the window as LANCE watches ASTAROTH spring forward, LANCE firing as the other FOLLOWER'S do as well, ASTAROTH taking a few shots to his back and shoulders as ASTAROTH screams before bracing himself as he jumps through the WINDOW, sailing a good seven stories down.

EXT. FOLLOWER'S COMPOUND

LANCE comes to the window as he watches ASTAROTH quickly limps down the field and towards a CAR that was speeding up towards him, LANCE stopping the FOLLOWER'S from going after him.

LANCE
No need. They'll never be able to prove it, besides...We have a lot more work to do.

LANCE turns from the window and heads off as ASTAROTH gets into the car that was driven by LYDIA, the TWO looking at each other before ASTAROTH nods at her and she takes off.

PRESENT DAY

INT. LANCE'S ESTATE-LANCE'S BEDROOM

LANCE opens his eyes as he looks about his room, LANCE looking to see TERESA asleep as LANCE looks forward, his eyes piercing through the darkness.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. NIKKI'S APARTMENT

SHANE has a cigarette lit as he was still on the floor, NIKKI putting her pants back on as she buttons her pants as SHANE was half naked.

SHANE
Well that was...awesome.

NIKKI
Yeah, it was alright.

SHANE
Okay, seriously, what am I doing wrong?

NIKKI
Nothing, you're so easy to mess with.