Episode 55: Pawns

EPISODE 55:
"PAWNS"

FADE IN

RECAP

COLD OPEN-

EXT. DEMON ENCAMPMENT

A GROUP OF DEMON SOLDIER'S from SURTUR'S UNIT look about the area on GUARD DUTY as the encampment of SIXTY DEMONS are enjoying themselves as they do every night after a long day, the DEMONS playing cards, drinking, sharing stories, watching TV on makeshift hooked up cables as they're oblivious of the GUARDS being silently taken down by BLACK CLADED MEN and WOMEN.

The ENCAMPMENT is surrounded by DOZENS OF FOLLOWER'S as BROOKE yawns and walks into the middle of the ENCAMPMENT as she looks them over, snapping her fingers loudly as a few dozen notice her finally as she looks them over.

BROOKE
Yeah, high. Simon says. Line up!

BROOKE looks them over to see if any of them react, noticing that none of them do so, as they seem to assess the situation as BROOKE looks annoyed.

BROOKE
I don't like asking twice, so we're just going to do it the hard way then.

The ENCAMPMENT goes into a FRENZY as FOLLOWER'S come out of nowhere, attacking the DEMONS and quickly taking advantage of them as they beat down and even are forced to kill some of the DEMONS that get lucky enough to get off some good shots, BROOKE skipping about as she ducks one DEMON that goes for her, BROOKE drawing a knife and quickly stabs the DEMON several times all over before slitting its throat, pushing down away from her as she kicks it across the face as she she skips about.

BROOKE
line them the fuck up already!

BROOKE watches as the DEMONS are forced onto their knees in a long line in front of her as she smirks and claps before whistling loudly, watching as a VAN begins to back into the ENCAMPMENT from the FRONT ENTRANCE, BROOKE flagging them down until they park right next to her, BROOKE smacking the back of the VAN as a FOLLOWER opens up and tosses a bound and gagged man down, BROOKE smirking as she slaps the MAN across the face.

BROOKE
Okay, bring me a soul.

The FOLLOWER holding one of the DEMON'S down near the end of the line towards the left slams his arm through the DEMON'S CHEST with a strange glove on his arm, the DEMON screams but soon is snuffed out as the FOLLOWER rips the soul from the DEMON'S BODY as the other DEMONS watch on in horror. The FOLLOWER hands BROOKE the soul who takes it and looks at the MAN who stares at her in shock.

BROOKE
This may or may not hurt.

BROOKE shoves her hand forward, pressing the soul against the MAN'S CHEST, watching as it begins searing into his chest, smoke coming out from it as the MAN screams in agony as the SOUL is forced into his body as BROOKE watches on with a sadistic gleeful look.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING- WAR ROOM

The ROOM is in a frenzy as CHARLES, TERESA, BURGY, SHANE, EMMA, KRISTA, MEL, AND COLBY arrive amidst the chaos as they can see NEWSFEED from AREA'S all around the FRINGE showing large pockets of devastation from various explosions.

AZAZEL
Sorry I could not portal you all here, but things have been rather dire as you can see.

BURGY
What in the hell is going on?

MAC
At about seven this morning one of SURTUR'S encampment got hit. FOLLOWERS, confirmed.

COLBY
You sure about that.