Episode 38: Forgetting to Remember

EPISODE 38:
"FORGETTING TO REMEMBER"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. INFERNO-AZREAL'S WORKROOM

CHARLES sits in a CHAIR as AZRAEL begins working on concoction as CHARLES looks about nervously, MANDY appearing into the room as she comes over and takes a seat next to CHARLES, CHARLES looking at her quizzically as she smiles at him.

MANDY
It is good to see you again.

CHARLES
And you as well. What uh, what is going on.

MANDY
AZREAL prefers someone to be in the room with you as a means of keeping you in check as he administers his remedy. With what you're wanting, I'm more of a...stabilizing agent.

CHARLES
A what?

AZRAEL
Her presence, even her touch will help calm your body and nervous system once this concoction reaches the neurons in your quote un quote brain. Your soul will try to fight off the memories you've repressed, this will not allow it to happen. However I will not be able to give you the entire dose, doing so would uh...not end very well.

CHARLES
What do you mean?

AZRAEL
You'd become a catatonic vegetable. Trust me, it's an option I can very easily live with, however I don't want that motley crew of savages and savants you have coming and ruining things for me. So, whenever you're ready, you'll take this first dose, you'll clear your mind, you'll listen to MANDY'S voice, and you'll start to remember.

CHARLES
Alright. I'm ready.

AZRAEL
Very well.

AZREAL hands CHARLES a phial of GREEN and BLUE liquid, CHARLES taking it down with one long swig as he hands it to AZREAL who goes into the back and begins making another batch as MANDY holds her hand out towards him, CHARLES taking it as MANDY warmly caresses his hand with her other hand.

MANDY
Close your eyes...

CHARLES closes his eyes.

MANDY
Clear your mind of all things you don't need to worry about, focus only on the day and time of the memory you need to remember clearly, feel the moment you can first remember of that day...of that moment, of that hour within that minute of every second...

CHARLES feels light as he begins to fade, CHARLES slumping a bit as he seems out.

FLASHBACK

97 YEARS AGO

INT. THE DINER

CHARLES shakes a bit as he looks around as he jumps a bit, CHARLES looking a tad bit younger with less gray's in his hairs as he CHARLES rubs his face as he looks down at his coffee as a hand grips him, CHARLES looking to his right within the booth as a younger more colorful looking COLBY smirks at him.

COLBY
You alright buddy?

CHARLES
Huh, yeah yeah I'm fine I just...uh..you ever feel like you've had deja vu here?

COLBY
No, can't say that I have.

CHARLES
Huh. Where's ANTHONY?

COLBY
Pretty sure TERRANCE has him on a REAP.

A TALL BRUTISH LOOKING DEMON sits in front of them, eating away at a large plate of hash browns as COLBY pulls it away as the DEMON sneers at him as COLBY pushes it back towards him.

COLBY
You eat like a goddamned pig, MAGNUS.

MAGNUS
I'm fucking hungry. Where the fuck is TERRANCE anyways, and why in the fuck haven't I gotten my other order of HASHBROWNS?