Episode 20: Recruited

EPISODE 20
"RECRUITED"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

MONTAGE-FRINGE

Acts of VIOLENCE are sprouting up all over the FRINGE, INNOCENT MEN and WOMEN of all variety of creature types are caught in the cross-airs of GUNFIRE, SAVAGE BEATINGS, BOMBINGS, and other forms of MAYHEM.

EXT. SKYSCRAPER-ROOF

JARED watches as EXPLOSIONS and the fires from previous ones are sprouting out all over the FRINGE, JARED watching carefully as the FIRES seem to gleam in his eyes as DREW stands next to him, a few ARMED SOLDIER'S around them as JARED looks at the RESPONSE beginning to sprout out around them.

JARED
Looks like our guests will be here soon.

DREW
You have to be willing to go as far as possible. We need the CATALYST.

JARED
I will do what needs to be done, I trust you will not be hasty?

DREW
I have been fine up to this point haven't I?

JARED
You have been most helpful. It's almost here. Do you feel it?

DREW
I do.

JARED
Then let's get ready.

DREW rounds his men up as JARED stares out over the FRINGE.

INT. CHARLES'S CAR

CHARLES is driving through the streets, weaving through the CHECKPOINTS as SHANE was sitting up front, NIKKI shaking her head as she crossed her arms in the back as SHANE watches a BUILDING burning down as the RESIDENTS were on the sidewalk, crying and looking distraught as FRINGE RECLAIMERS and GUARDS try and deal with the madness.

SHANE
An organized all out attack the second JARED get's sprung...a good way to throw everything back into fucking ANARCHY.

CHARLES
Still think he can be saved?

SHANE looks to see the scowl on CHARLES'S FACE as he says it, SHANE not wanting to look at him as NIKKI slams her hand against the back of the seat she was sitting on.

NIKKI
Goddamnit, why'd it have to be DREW!

CHARLES
I don't...we'll be sure to ask him.

NIKKI
I liked LINTON...

CHARLES
He was a good man, but we don't have time to mourn him.

NIKKI
How is TERESA and the others taking it?

CHARLES
As well as can be expected.

SHANE
We meeting the others there?

CHARLES
That's what I told them.

CHARLES pulls the CAR over as the THREE get out.

EXT. SKYSCRAPER

A BLOCKADE was set up around it as CHARLES, SHANE and NIKKI are scanned over by a few SYSTEM GUARDS before they are let into the area, CHARLES spotting COLBY as he waves them down, COLBY fighting through the mess of busy bodies as EMMA, AUSTIN, and ANTHONY come over to him as they look about.

CHARLES
COLBY, you see TERESA, BENJAMIN?

COLBY
They're around somewhere, with LINTON dead and DREW being the traitor, the top two guys who ran the majority of the FRINGE'S forces are...well.

CHARLES
Who's coordinating now?

COLBY
We've got multiple OVERSEER'S handling more than one group, and DAVIEL having to handle all of the LINTON'S forces as well as the SYSTEM'S, though BENJAMIN is doing what he can.