Episode 14: With Time Against Us

EPISODE 14:
"WITH TIME AGAINST US"

FADE IN

RECAP

COLD OPEN

INT. LAVISH ROOM

The end of JARED'S SPEECH rings out before cutting out, a few DEMONS looking about the area as a DEMON runs into the room, his face full of dread as his eyes are flashing their yellowish green tint. The DEMON comes over towards the back end of the room where CROWLEY, A HIGH LEVEL DEMON sits in his chair, lost in thought as he rubs his chin, clearly agitated by the events that have just happened.

DEMON
BOSS...

CROWLEY
I know.

DEMON
If they are already enacting the CODEX...that means...

CROWLEY
I know what it means...

DEMON
So what are we going to do?

CROWLEY
We are going to sit here, and do nothing.

DEMON
But, sir!

CROWLEY
We can't run anymore. Both sides are coming for me, we just have to hope the ones that don't want us dead show up first.

The DEMONS look scared as CROWLEY takes a deep breath and looks towards the ENTRANCE to his BUILDING as a tension lingers over him.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

EXT. SYSTEM BUILDING

DREW is already on the scene as TASK FORCES are all about the area, DREW rubbing his head as he gets continuous reports coming from varying locations, of mass protest, riots and even more acts of violence. DREW looking about wearily as he doesn't even hear a voice calling out to him the first few times before he snaps out of his haze and hurries over towards CHARLES and the UNEVENTFUL as they arrived on the scene, DREW and CHARLES shaking hands as DREW leads them over towards the OPERATION BASE POINT, a LARGE TENT surrounded by GUARDS as the TRIO of JERRY, GAVIEL and MULCIBER were already hard at work, with MONITORS and COMPUTERS set up in a semi circular which the three were constantly checking and moving about from.

CHARLES
What the hell is going?

DREW
Our worst nightmare. The SYSTEM is neural linked into every major facet of our lives, communications, tech, transportation, weaponry. The backups are being siphoned as we speak, mostly it seems by the MISFITS who now control the majority of the operating systems still left intact with the shutdown. We've also got various other sources taking their stabs at it, so right now we have the TRIO working on getting us anything we can use and as much control back into our hands as possible, but they had such a head-start that right now we are blind.

COLBY
How are we dealing with the public fare?

DREW
Not being able to coordinate has really hampered our coordination attempts, but LINTON and DAVIEL are using what spare forces we can and a majority of reclaiming units to try and calm the riots and panic, the rest are here setting up roadblocks and a perimeter.

COLBY
I will fall in with one of the groups, see if I can assist LINTON.

DREW
It would be appreciated

COLBY pats CHARLES and heads off as CHARLES watches him go for a moment before turning back to DREW.

SHANE
Can the building be infiltrated?

DREW
We don't expect their forces to exceed forty, but they have the advantage and upper hand right now, with hostages and superior tactical planning.