Episode 53: The Judge

EPISODE 53:
"THE JUDGE"

RECAP

FADE IN

COLD OPEN

INT. BUILDING

There is a PILE OF BODIES, some of the BODIES were dispersing into the WHITE LIGHT as more BOOTS belonging to HENCHMEN run up some flights of steps as a MAN comes up behind the MAN with the LARGE SKULL EMBOLDENED HELM.

MAN
JUDGE...

JUDGE
Tell me again....how many have we lost?

MAN
I'm afraid the count is...high.

JUDGE
Tell me again.

MAN
Sixty three...and counting.

SOMEWHERE IN THE BUILDING

A HENCHMAN goes crashing hard into a WALL as another opens fire as AUSTIN'S FRAME runs out of view as he dives over a stack of pallets and scurries off behind a wall, AUSTIN breathing heavy as he has many various wounds, a closed off RIGHT EYE, TWO or THREE stab wounds across his torso and arms, several bullet wounds and a TWO BROKEN FINGERS on his LEFT HAND that he quickly resets with a wince. AUSTIN listening to the FOOTSTEPS coming closer as he assess his area and quickly makes a move as one of the HENCHMEN rounds the CORNER firing at him, AUSTIN quickly knocking the GUN upwards and away from him, AUSTIN tackling the HENCHMAN into the railing before he flips him over it, watching as he sails the six stories downwards.

ELSEWHERE

The JUDGE nods as he puts his arms behind his back.

JUDGE
This one is quite the specimen. Send two more units.

MAN
Sir...

JUDGE
I gave you an order.

MAN
Yes sir.

The MAN hurries off as the JUDGE stares forward, his COLD EYES scanning about as the EMOTIONLESS FACE on the HELM suddenly seems to smirk.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. DINER

SHANE checks his phone before he puts it away, digging at his food as he looks up as he notices COLBY come inside, CINDY greeting him warmly as she always does as COLBY looks about before he notices SHANE, SHANE waving him over as COLBY looks about once again before coming and taking a spot next to SHANE.

CINDY
Same as always hun?

COLBY
For now, yes.

CINDY
Alright, lemme know if you change your mind on anything.

COLBY nods as SHANE smirks and digs at his eggs before he wipes his mouth and motions for COLBY who looks at him with a tired gaze.

SHANE
You have that look.

COLBY
That of?

SHANE
Someone who really isn't sure if what he just did was the right thing. Trust me, I have it all the time. CHARLES says it's a gift. "that perpetual state of not knowing right from wrong" Or something along that line.

COLBY
I'm actually quite content with my choices.

SHANE
Hey, not saying you wouldn't be, just saying. I know the face.

COLBY
Would you now?

SHANE
Yep.

COLBY
SHANE, you've been in the FRINGE exactly, how long again? A little over a year, give or take.