Episode 48: Best Laid Plans

EPISODE 48:
"BEST LAID PLANS"

FADE IN

EXT. DESTROYED AREA

ANTHONY lay on the GROUND, FERAL LIKE CREATURES tearing flesh off of his body as his eyes stare upwards vacantly before a CREATURE digs them out. PEOPLE RUN PAST HIS CORPSES, firing guns at the FERAL LIKE CREATURES that give chase but they are upon them as FEAR and the DEAD litter a giant area.

CHARLES falls over, breathing heavy, his leg badly wounded as he was missing his LEFT HAND. CHARLES dragging himself forward along the ground as he turns as he hears a sound upon him, CHARLES turning as he throws his good HAND up and impales a CREATURE with a BLADE but as CHARLES throws it off another appears, CHARLES bracing for it's attack but it never comes as COLBY APPEARS, his HEAD BADLY GASHED as an EXPLOSION goes up near him, CHARLES looking relieved as COLBY helps him up.

COLBY
We have to go!

CHARLES nods as he does his best to go along with COLBY, CHARLES looking over to see KRISTA being torn apart, CHARLES going towards her but stops as COLBY jerks him back.

COLBY
We can't help her now! We can't help any of them...We have to go...

CHARLES
We can't!

COLBY
It's done! He's...betrayed us...

CHARLES
We can...

COLBY
Don't look down..don't look down, CHARLES just...

COLBY moves him away from some bodies as more of the ANGELS, DEMONS and UNDEAD around them are brought down by the FERAL CREATURES, CHARLES looking back meekly as he stops, COLBY trying to force him along as CHARLES locks eyes with EMMA'S CORPSE, CHARLES shaking as COLBY drags him forward.

COLBY
We have to go!

COLBY rocks forward, CHARLES falling over onto the ground as CHARLES turns over and watches as COLBY has a DOZEN SPEARS and CLAWED ARMS protruding through his BODY, COLBY coughing out blood as he reaches out towards CHARLES, CHARLES'S eyes filling with tears as COLBY nods, reaching to his TACTICAL VEST as he grabs the pin of a GRENADE.

COLBY
Run...

CHARLES pulls himself up and limps as fast as he could, COLBY pulling the pin as HE and the FERAL CREATURES disappear behind the BLAST, CHARLES falling back over from the SHOCKWAVE as CHARLES reels as he looks upon a HILL, watching as FIGURES surrounding in DARKNESS stand above the DESTROYED AREA, watching all the chaos below as CHARLES stands and sluggishly walks towards it.

CHARLES
This has to stop!

CHRISTIAN
(O.S.)
It can't be stopped...CHARLES...

CHARLES turns as he sees CHRISTIAN standing beside him, STEPHANIE and AUSTIN'S HEADS in his hands as he tosses them down by his feet, CHARLES looking on horrified as CHRISTIAN was missing half of his face, but the rest of his body was JET BLACK and different.

CHRISTIAN
It's not so bad...

CHRISTIAN reaches a hand towards CHARLES, CHARLES backing away as he looks to see that HUNDREDS Of the FERAL CREATURES were surrounding him, moving in slowly as CHARLES watches as FIGURES move through the MASSES, CHARLES recognizing them from their slightly disfigured faces as their bodies were also covered jet black.

BURGY smiles at CHARLES as CHARLES looks about as he can see JARED, MULCIBER, DAVIEL, BROOKE, MICHAEL and CRUZ appear around him.

CRUZ
It's not so bad...

BROOKE
It doesn't have to be painful...I like the pain though...

BURGY
Don't fight us anymore CHARLES...we've won now...it's over...