Episode 21: State of Panic

EPISODE 21
"STATE OF PANIC"

RECAP

FADE IN

COLD OPEN-

EXT. THE OBELISK

The TRIO, back at their original stomping ground are allowing some men working REAPER cases through the OBELISK when a BLIMP suddenly appears on JERRY'S SCREEN, GAVIEL spotting it as he brings it up, GAVIEL'S eyes growing large as MULCIBER and JERRY see it as well and watch as the DASHES on the PANELS and everything electronic was beginning to shine and glow brighter, as everything was beginning to spaz out.

GAVIEL quickly pushes his ear com in as he sees everything happening.

GAVIEL
This is GAVIEL of the TRIO, I need someone from the HIGH COUNCIL to respond, immediately.

BENJAMIN
(O.S.)
GAVIEL, this is BENJAMIN what is happening, everything with lights or hooked up is going haywire?!

GAVIEL
Sir...get down to the heart of the SYSTEM'S BUILDING, now!

INT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING-MIDDLE FLOOR

BENJAMIN, TERESA, and the rest of the SYSTEM COUNCIL, along with a dozen GUARDS come rushing down the HALLWAY into the middle room, BENJAMIN entering a CODE into a room as everyone comes inside.

INT. WHITE ROOM

The SYSTEM COUNCIL all file into the WHITE ROOM of the SYSTEM as they watch as everything was continuing to go haywire for a few moments before stopping. A calm washing over them as the WHITE ROOM suddenly begins to glow it's incandescent light.

SYSTEM
WE...HAVE RETURNED.

BENJAMIN and TERESA look at each other with both concern and happiness as the rest of the people within the room begin to cheer, the cheering lasting for a few moments as they await to hear what they say next.

SYSTEM
NOW...WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN OUR ABSENCE?

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. THE HANGOUT

CHARLES is awoken to his CELL phone going off, CHARLES snapping awake as he yawns and looks around as he passed out in his chair, the SCREENS to his PANEL still hooked on MAPS and LOCATIONS as the HOLOGRAM DISC that CROWLEY gave him was sitting inside the scanner.

CHARLES answers his phone after he lets it ring a few times.

CHARLES
Yeah. COLBY, what's up...? Summoned, for what?

INT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING

CHARLES comes into the LOBBY as everything was FRANTIC as ANGEL and DEMON were running about, CHARLES looking confused as he spots TERESA, CHARLES coming to her as she hurriedly walks towards the ELEVATOR, CHARLES having to sprint to keep her from leaving him.

CHARLES
Whoa, hey, what's going?!

TERESA
The SYSTEM came back on this morning.

CHARLES
How is that possible?

TERESA
You sound upset?

CHARLES
I'm just wondering how they managed to pull that off when the CODEX was on for nearly two days, shouldn't it have taken months?

TERESA
In theory, yes, but apparently months was a bit of an exaggeration.

CHARLES
Weeks.

TERESA
Seems like whoever finished the CODEX did not have the same heart to see the totality of what would happen in its absence. I should thank that person should any of them be around or alive.