Season Three Premiere-Episode 43: The Pain Of Loss

EPISODE 43:
"THE PAIN OF LOSS"

RECAP OF SEASON ONE AND TWO

COLD OPEN

FADE IN

INT. AUDITING ROOM

The LARGE WOMAN from the PILOT EPISODE walks down the numerous rows of desks where the distraught faces of the nearly dead sit, staring at their packets as she was repeating the same things she had said to SHANE.

LARGE WOMAN
Fill that out, do not skip any questions, and time is of the essence you have fifteen minutes, thank you... Fill that out, do not skip any questions, and time is of the essence you have fifteen minutes, thank you...

She stops as she reaches a desk where a BEAUTIFUL LONG HAIRED BRUNETTE was sleeping, her left arm resting on the desk as she was snoring lightly, The LARGE WOMAN looking at her files as it read "FORTY PAST NINE".

The LARGE WOMAN slams the packets on the desk which causes the BRUNETTE to quickly sit up and look around, wiping her mouth as she looks about blinking rapidly and yawning.

LARGE WOMAN
Fill that out, do not skip any questions, and time is of the essence you have fifteen minutes, thank you.

The BRUNETTE nods as she yawns and looks at the packet, picking up the pencil as she scribbles away.

INT. LARGE HALLWAY

The BRUNETTE heads out of the room as she stretches and pats a guy on the chest who looks somber.

BRUNETTE
Hey, did you have trouble with that question about your first love? I did.

The MAN just walks into one of the six lines that were wrapping around the hallways, STEPHANIE looking about she notices everyone had a card, The BRUNETTE looking to see she didn't have one as she shrugs and begins towards the front stopping as she notices a MAN standing near the corner, leaning against the wall as he comes over towards her.

COLBY
Hello, you must be FORTY PAST NINE.

BRUNETTE
I don't know about all of that. Most people just call me STEPHANIE. Or STEPH. Whatever rocks their boats.

COLBY
My name is COLBY JARRETT, I'm your handler.

STEPHANIE
HANDLER?

COLBY
I'll explain everything on the way.

STEPHANIE
What exactly is all this about?

COLBY
It's about you becoming an UNEVENTFUL.

COLBY turns to head out of the building as STEPHANIE looks about and follows behind.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. COLBY'S CAR

COLBY drives as STEPHANIE was massaging her forehead as she looked forward, COLBY looking over at her as he nodded.

COLBY
I know it's a lot to process.

STEPH
Uh, a little bit. Not everyday you wake up from being killed and find out your life had no meaning and that you get to spend the rest of your afterlife in a purgatory with angels and demons running the show, monsters running around, and your main profession gets to be well, police officer. And I don't know if you haven't noticed, but I am not police woman material.

COLBY
You're not a cop. You're more like a Bounty Hunter. RECLAIMING can be whatever it needs to be if I'm being honest.

STEPH
So why aren't you one?