Episode 45: Losing Ground

EPISODE 45:
"LOSING GROUND"

RECAP-EXPLAINS THE FOLLOWER'S, and JARED.

FADE IN

EXT. HOME

A FIGURE IN A HOODED SWEATSHIRT stands outside a HOME, looking to see a FEW PEOPLE walk by, looking at them in surprise as the FIGURE waits a few moments before going up the STEPS, coming to the DOOR as the FIGURE waits a few moments, Looking into the WINDOW as he sees a DEMON sitting alone in the LIVING ROOM, A COMPUTER LIKE DEVICE in front of him.

The FIGURE knocks a few times on the DOOR, waiting only a few moments before the DEMON opens the DOOR the FIGURE looking down as the DEMON looks confused.

DEMON
Can I help you?

FIGURE
My masters send their regards.

The DEMON watches as the FIGURE opens the SWEAT SHIRT, revealing his CHEST WAS GLOWING RED, The DEMON trying to shut the DOOR but can't as the FIGURE pushes himself inside and slams the DOOR shut behind him.

A STILLNESS creeps through the AREA before suddenly THE HOUSE EXPLODES in a BALL OF RED LIGHTNING LIKE FLAME.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. SYSTEM'S BUILDING-MEETING ROOM

BURGY looks disheartened as she stares at the PICTURE of the HOUSE

BURGY
This happened this last night...the ninth such bombing in the last two weeks.

TERESA
Unfortunately there's no trace of any actually explosives. Which means we're dealing with a cataclysm of OVERSEER deaths.

MAC
initial spectrum analysis from the TRIO suggests that these are suicide bombings...there's a giant influx of destroyed souls at each bombing.

CHARLES
So what, we're dealing with FOLLOWER suicide bombings?

BURGY
That's what we believe.

CHARLES
So they're charging themselves up to unstable levels, and sending them out to OVERSEER'S homes...it's their play isn't?

BURGY
Take the hierarchy out while the backing is non existence. Makes sense.

ALICIA
So what's to be done, I've already got my Reclaimer unit looking into some of the previous bombings for leads, but nothing is turning up.

TERESA
There isn't much we can do at the moment, except stay vigilant.

CHARLES
That's not true. The FOLLOWER'S know everything there is to know about you all, they have former OVERSEER'S as FOLLOWER'S. That's how they know your locations, your homes. Everything. There won't be much of you left if you don't do something now.

BURGY
So what are you suggesting?

CHARLES
You need to pair up, and you need to leave your current residences. Stay with friends, stay with your reclaimers, or your reclaimer's bases. Liaisons, anyone that's as far removed from this BUILDING. And you need to do it soon, tonight even. Or we're going to be dealing with a lot more of you guys being disintegrated.

MAC
I concur, it's sound logic and it could help prevent more bombings.

BURGY
We'll spread the word then.

CHARLES
Do we have an I.D? On the DEMON that was killed last night?

TERESA
CATARIUS. Why?

CHARLES
He was a friend of COLBY'S...he didn't look so good today. Makes a little more sense.