Episode 24: Assessment Day

EPISODE 24
"ASSESSMENT DAY"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. CHARLES'S APARTMENT

CHARLES lays in his bed, looking up into the ceiling as he hears his phone going off, CHARLES looking over as he checks it and then puts it down, letting it continue to ring as he looks lost in thought.

Some time passes as CHARLES is cooking breakfast, CHARLES turning the RADIO up as the music drowns out the sound of his cell phone's continuous ringing.

CHARLES is taking a shower, his PHONE still ringing as CHARLES shakes his head and bangs his head against the wall a few times.

INT. THE DINER

CHARLES comes inside the DINER, his eyes a bit weary as he comes and sits down beside AUSTIN, NIKKI and SHANE across from him as they look to see him say nothing, his phone continuing to ring as they raise an eyebrow at him.

SHANE
Are you going to answer that?

CHARLES
You don't know what "that" phone call pertains.

AUSTIN
Has it been ringing all morning?

CHARLES
Yes.

NIKKI
Oh no.

SHANE
What?

AUSTIN
Oh man, is it that time already?

CHARLES
Yeah.

SHANE
Okay, seriously, what the fuck is going on?

The THREE look at SHANE as SHANE looks at them for answers.

CHARLES
It's...ASSESSMENT DAY.

SHANE
Okay?

AUSTIN
Dude, ASSESSMENT DAYS suck.

SHANE
Why?

NIKKI
Every two to three years we have to go through an evaluation process, both as a unit and individually.

AUSTIN
Yeah, lots of questions, psyche tests, bullshit like that. Then the stiff whose doing all the evaluating tags along on a mission and critiques us the entire time, it fucking sucks.

SHANE
Yeah, doesn't sound like a good time.

CHARLES
Yeah, so, I'm going to let it ring, and eat my second breakfast cuz the first one I made just didn't hit the spot. Then we're going to all go and see ANTHONY.

SHANE
You know you could put your PHONE on silent, right?

CHARLES makes a face as NIKKI snickers, AUSTIN and SHANE look at each other as CHARLES grabs his phone and turns the volume down, CHARLES looking around as he shakes his head.

CHARLES
Shut up. Where is CINDY?

The THREE laugh as CHARLES looks sheepish as he just shakes his head.

INT. ANTHONY'S ROOM-HOSPITAL

ANTHONY looks at EMMA who checks his EYE as ANTHONY grabs her hand away from it as she had gone to touch it.

EMMA
Does it still hurt?

ANTHONY
No, not too much.

EMMA
I was here a lot, you know, you couldn't have waited until I was around before you woke up.

ANTHONY
Well goddamn woman I'm sorry I can't control when I wake up from a coma.

EMMA
I'm just teasing...