Episode 44: Transitions

EPISODE 44
"TRANSITIONS"

RECAP

COLD OPEN

FADE IN

INT. SHANE'S APARTMENT

SHANE steps out of his room as ANDI was getting dressed, SHANE rubbing his neck with a smirk on his face as he comes into the kitchen and stops dead, as he turns his face quickly as he had come in to see STEPH was completely nude from the waist up, making breakfast as SHANE shakes his head.

SHANE
What the fuck are you doing?!

STEPH
Uh making you breakfast as a thank you. Dick.

SHANE
With no clothes on?!

STEPH
I prefer cooking in the nude.

SHANE
Are you crazy, ANDI is in the other room...

STEPH
With you, all morning, giving it up, by the way, good job in there. Or is it the other way around, I can't tell honestly, you two sound like a pair of bears just fighting over a pot of damn honey.

SHANE
Please put a shirt on...

ANDI
STEPHANIE... smells delicious in here.

SHANE closes his eyes as ANDI comes up to him and then notices STEPH, who just smiles and continues to cook as ANDI looks at SHANE and shrugs.

SHANE
I have no words.

ANDI
That's probably the smart thing.

SHANE
I uh, I'll see you later right?

ANDI
You know it. Be sure to get her some clothes.

SHANE
Yeah...

ANDI kisses SHANE and heads out, waving at STEPH who says goodbye and keeps on cooking as SHANE rubs his neck and keeps his eyes from looking at STEPH but can't help but sneak a peek.

STEPH
She's gone dude, I don't mind if you see em, it's your place.

SHANE
Well, if you can get dressed we can go out and go ahead and get your shopping taken care of for a few days at least.

STEPH
That's cool, I really appreciate everything you've...

SHANE
Yeah, that's awesome, look do me a favor and keep a shirt on at least when you know ANDI'S here, you're going to get me killed.

STEPH
I think she's doing that in your bedroom. Seriously dude, what the fuck goes on in there?

SHANE
A lot of choking and slapping...hurry up, and thanks for the breakfast.

SHANE heads towards his room as he hears his phone going off, SHANE answering as he hears a hurried and rushed voice.

SHANE
Whoa, whoa, KRISTA calm down...what's going on...what happened to EMMA?

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

EXT. HOUSE

KRISTA paces back and forth as SYSTEM FORCES comb the area, CHARLES pulling up as ANTHONY, AUSTIN, and COLBY get out, rushing to her as KRISTA comes to them.

CHARLES
What happened!?

KRISTA
We were sent on a 192, Unidentified Creature, and...and...

AUSTIN
What happened?

KRISTA hesitates as she tries to calm her nerves, CHARLES putting a hand on her shoulder as she composes herself.

KRISTA
CERA got pulled away and we thought we could handle it, we've handled 192's before.