25. You're In Trouble

With a gentle laugh, Tully eased back into Luke. Even though he seemed dead set on opening that bottle of wine, she reached up splaying her fingers through his hair and lock her lips on his. His chest rumbles against her back as he groans in satisfaction, sweeping his tongue across the seam of her lips, urging her to part them for him and she did.

Eagerly and hungrily, she deepened the kiss and ignored the click of the wine falling on the rug as she turned in his arms and let the kiss consume her. The kiss and touch she was always thinking about. It's everything she always dreamed of. Her husband, her luke. 

She was starting to think he may really be her happily ever after. She didnt think those things exactly existed not after what she had been through with Aemond and Aegon.

 Happy endings. These feelings are dangerous. To know you're falling and not want to stop ... that's how you set yourself up for heartbreak but never with Luke. Her Lucerys. Even his name was beautiful.

And yet, as she fell back into his embrace, she would willingly hand over whatever Luke wanted. If he kept holding her, kissing her, and wanting her like he does, she would give him whatever he asked for. As if reading her mind he pulled back smiling into her.

"Oh Tully... I just want you."

+

"A woman who knows her worth makes a man work for her attention," Mallory declared.

"He doesnt have to work for it." Tully countered. "I give myself to him freely." 

"Of course, LUke is great but lesser women should know their worth, I saw a whore in the castle today. She was coming from Daemon's chambers." Mallory whispered loudly. 

"NO!" Tully declared leaning in. 

"Yes." Mallory countered. "You think Rhaenyra knows of her husband exploits?" 

"I know she wants more children..." Tully offered. "Her boys are so perfect."

"You are biased to that statement."

"I am. Okay Luke and Joff are perfect. Jace is a piece of work."

"There you go!" Mallory agreed.  Willa smiled back at them. She wished she had a friendship like Mallory and Tully had. Tully smiled when she saw her. Willa gave a small wave.

"Hi!" Tully declared.

"Hello." Willa answered.

"My brother is smitten with you," Tully blurted out. 

"He is?" Willa questioned glancing for Larys, he was always lingering it seemed. 

"He is, you should-" Tully began but Mallory pulled her back. 

"- not tell him we are suggesting such things." Mallory added. 

"But I think you two could be... friends." Tully offered suggestively. 

"Friends. Always good to have friends." Willa agreed. "Excuse me ladies."

"Hello my beautiful wife!" Luke declared running up to them. 

"You two are so in love its gross." Mallory decided as Luke kissed her. 

"You were the same way with Criston." tully corrected. 

"Yeah and now I'm fat and he doesnt love me-"

"Thats a lie!" Criston shouted from down the hall. "You are just a moody, hormonal, temperamental little-" He murmured under his breath. 

"What's that?" Mallory demanded spinning around. 

"I love you." Criston assured. 

"Jace had a... big announcement, he said thank me now because I could have ruined your wedding soo..." Luke shrugged. "Could literally be anything." 

"Wonderful, bye Mallory!" Tully agreed grabbing Lukes hand as they headed off. 

"Married!" Rhaenyra shouted slamming her fists down on the table. Daemon choked on his wine, pounding a fist against his chest. Tully held Joffrey in her lap, he was seven but he was still little unlike his brothers who were definitely getting their strong genes in. Tully's grip tightened on Joffrey as she looked to Jace and Sara. 

"In front of the Gods wood. The gods cristoned it." Jace agreed. 

"When did this occur!" Rhaenyra demanded. 

"Ohh you are in trouble." Luke crooned. 

"When he came... to... we..."  Sara silenced herself. Compared to Tully, Sara looked like an unwashed, half wild, northern bastard. But she came in her best dress for the news yet she felt very out of place.

"We love each other!" Jace declared. 

"You... LOVE each other?" Rhaenyra hissed narrowing her eyes at them. 

"You let Luke marry-"

"Dont bring me into this." luke objected. 

"-for love! Why not me!" jace demanded. "I went-"

"Against my expressed permission and you forget? You are already betrothed." Rhaenyra corrected. 

"To my cousin, I'm not into incest like you and Daemon." Jace stated boldly. "It's just gross." Daemon leaned back in his chair glancing between them. These boys were not his to deal with. They were Rhaenyra's problem. 

"I need more wine." Daemon decided getting up. 

"Daemon!" RHaenyra demanded. 

"And you see how well it turned out for you? How dutiful you husband is-"

"Jacaerys that is enough. I am your mother." Rhaenyra corrected. 

"I think we should retire for the night... I will get Joffrey settled... um congratulations. Sara we will talk more in the morrow... Jace... ummm" Tully helped Joffrey up. "If she kills you... it was nice knowing you." Tully offered before ushering Luke and Joffrey out the door. 

"You married her?" Rhaenyra shouted. "Do you have any idea-"

"That was intense!" Luke declared. "Our children are going to be perfect. Never like my brother." 

"They could be perfect like JOffrey." Tully countered. "Come on, lets get you tucked in so we can get to bed." Tully instructed grabbing JOffrey's hand. 

Night had fallen as the storm played on and Luke had pulled Tully to bed under the sound of the rain. He tilted her chin up and captured her lips. His kiss stayed, connecting, as her body built and fell beneath him, the sound of his name a whisper in the dark. She fell asleep against him. Felt his fingers threading through her hair. Slow and simple and it made her smile. Made his pulse that much stronger in his veins. She was staying. Soft and here and he lay his forehead against hers.