35. Already Mine

1 year later...

"Criston got to name this one and since you named your son Arthur against my wishes and Criston really likes-"

"You had veto power" Criston reminded her.

"guess what he choose? The doofus." Mallory grumbled but she smiled down at her baby boy.

"Merlin." criston answered proudly.

"Oh that's so sweet!" Tully declared.

"See tully likes it!" Criston agreed.

"Merlin and Arthur," luke chuckled. "Don't give me that look Mallory. We had a bout first."

"Aurora and Arthur would have been so cute-"

"They could fall in love." Criston countered.

"Merlin." Mallory chuckled.

"It's adorable." Tully declared.

"Merlin! How sweet!" Willa cooed. "Stephen loves the story of Arthur and the knights of the round table. Speaking of tables, I should get back to work." 

"Nonsense, Mallory has everything under control." Tully assured. 

"I really do. Sit back, relax." Mallory agreed with a snap of her fingers. No one really thought Rhaenyra was the queen, for all she did seemed insignificant to what Mallory did. Commanded really. Mallory was queen of every room she walked into. She held more sway and more fear in the eyes of others to do her bidding instantly. While Rhaenyra they all seemed to tolerate. 

"You need not worry, or lift a finger. Others can handle that. We can dote on Arthur and Merlin." Mallory added. 

"Oh speaking of kids, Helaena wrote." Tully remarked. "The kids are growing fast, she is doing well in old town.  Her mother actually..." Tully stopped herself as Rhaenyra came up to them. 

"How is my grandchild?" Rhaenyra questioned. Tully smiled down at Arthur asleep in her arms. 

"Perfect. Just like I'm sure Luke was at this age." Tully answered.  Rhaenyra smiled softly before catching sight of Daemon running out again. Tully followed her gaze, as did Willa and Mallory. 

"He is a busy man these days." Rhaenyra sighed. Larys turned the corner and saw the women gathered and smiled at the sight of willa before him. He sat at her side kissing her cheek. Rhaenyra couldnt believe a slimy cripple like Larys found someone when Daemon couldnt keep it in his pants. 

"Luke was telling me Daemon found another rider for sheepstealer, was that its name? What a funny name but I suppose if you steal sheep, you get that name." Tully added. "Neetles? I think that was her name. That must be exciting for Prince Daemon, training a new rider." 

"Yes." Rhaenyra agreed relaxing. Neetles, the ugly little bastard that got lucky. Daemon wouldnt care for her, if he was training that child then Rhaenyra had absolutely nothing to worry about. She glanced to Larys knowing him the master of spies, but he was focused on Willa Swann. If Rhaenyra wanted information she just needed to ask him. Larys was family now, she supposed he had been for a long while but Rhaenyra thought herself better than him still. If only Harwin was still here, if only Larys had died then Rhaenyra could truly be happy. She could still have her lover and she wouldnt care what Daemon did or didnt do. 

"How is little Merlin?" Larys questioned as Rhaenyra sauntered off. Larys smiled down at Arthur Larys Velaryon. Tully leaned into him as he kissed her cheek. 

"The name is growing on me." Mallory decided.  "Because he is certainly magical."

xxxx

"Vivi doesnt like her dress for tomorrow." Luke decided. 

"What makes you say that?"

"We had a talk and its not sparkly enough for her liking." 

"Oh you two talked..." Tully agreed kissing him. 

"She wants to match you."  Vivi giggled from the ground playing beside Arthur. "What are you wearing? I can help you put it on, take it out and- you know make sure-" Tully silenced him with a kiss. 

"Take this one off first." Tully suggested. He unlaced her dress and she let it fall to her feet before moving to the wardrobe. She turned around keenly aware of lukes eyes all over her. "This one Vivi?" Tully questioned holding up a red dress. "Or this one?" a blue dress. Vivi reached out touching the red dress smiling back at Tully. "Red it is. Lets make sure it fits." Tully mused moving to luke. He tossed it aside however pulling her into his arms. 

"It fits, its time for bed." Luke corrected his hands wandering her frame. 

"I havent worn that one since before Arthur was born, I'm not the same shape I used to be." Tully whispered. 

"I like you just the way you are, I like your changes, your curves," he assured running his hands over her. "I like everything about you tully." 

"Then lets put the kids to bed so we can get to bed before the big day tomorrow." 

"Larys... what are doing?" Tully questioned moving to fix his tie. "Stop fussing with your hair you look so handsome." He let out a shaky breath. "Larys come on don't worry about a thing. Mallory arranged everything so you know it's going to be perfect."

"I know. I know im just..." larys fiddled with his cane.

"Don't be nervous. You are the best man in the world larys. Now come on we have a wedding to get to."

"What if-"

"Larys, she is already yours. This is just formality." Tully reminded him. 

"Already mine."

+

Hey Stephen / Larys Strong out now!