Chapter 11-15

After talking about Xu Liuqing, Lin Qiyun suddenly thought of the young general who had fought with him in the courtyard that night, and his mind changed.

  His tone was slow: "Why didn't you see the Major General today? Did you let him go?"

  The young prince took a bite of the candied haws and said vaguely: "Never."

  "Alas." The man sighed in a pretentious manner, "I know people, faces, but not hearts. Do you know that Zhou Hongyan is just..."

  "The third prince thinks so."

  Lin Qiyun's words were suddenly interrupted. Someone pushed open the door and strode into the inner room, bringing with him some slightly melted snow and a coldness that lingered in his words.

  "What am I?"

  Lin Qiyun suddenly had a lump in his throat and was speechless.

  Zhou Hongyan is really good at picking his time this time. It's rare for him to be caught red-handed saying bad things about others in front of others when his head is hot.

  It was the first time that the third prince was so embarrassed.

  The young prince had not seen Zhou Hongyan for almost a day, so he was quite surprised to hear his voice, "Zhou Hongyan! Why did you come back just now!"

  "Sorry, my father is looking for me today and I have to go."

  He walked to Li Yingchi's side in a few steps and expertly arranged the young prince's clothes. While sorting it out, he glared at Lin Qiyun: "How come the Third Prince has the leisure to come here today?"

  He also pretended to look at the table, and when he saw that there were no dishes on it, he added: "When you come to Manxianglou, the third prince doesn't order any of the dishes. It's really novel."

  "The young general is joking." Lin Qiyun gave him a fake smile and choked him: "I passed by here and just said hello to the prince. What the young general said is a bit of a fuss."

  "It's so, Your Highness is interested." Zhou Hongyan pretended to be surprised in his tone, without any smile in his eyes, "But the weather is cold, Your Highness should go back and rest early."

  It was so peaceful on the surface that Li Yingchi almost sighed at the rapid progress of the two protagonists.

  But where he couldn't see it, Zhou Hongyan was secretly threatening with code words: If you don't leave, I will tell the young prince all the good things you did that night.

  ...

  Zhou Hongyan had just rushed back to Prince Shun's Mansion from the General's Mansion when he heard the young prince being taken out by Xu Liuqing.

  When he rushed to the restaurant at full speed, he still didn't take off his cloak, and hurried to the door, only to hear another man speaking ill of him in front of the young prince.

  His face turned cold immediately. He was a notoriously cold-faced man in the army. No one dared to stop him, so he pushed the door open directly, leaving a group of shocked guards looking at each other.

  After a while, the third prince walked out of the house first. His expression was ugly, but he did not get angry on the spot and led the people away without saying a word.

  Inside the house, the young prince was held in Zhou Hongyan's arms again.

  "What did you eat today?"

  The man's embrace was warm and generous, a temperature that the young prince had long been accustomed to. He leaned against it lazily and answered obediently: "Well... a lot of dishes, tea, and candied haws of sugared haws."