Chapter 6-The unknown

"Pepper, what's wrong?" Tony asked, his voice laced with worry.

"I can't find Morgan anywhere," Pepper exclaimed, her voice trembling with fear. "I've looked everywhere, but she's gone!" She lwas out of breath and looked a mess, hoping her worst fears hadn't come true.

Tony's heart skipped a beat at her words, his mind racing with a thousand worst-case scenarios. But before panic could fully take hold, a realization dawned on him.He sighed and shaked his head slumping in his chair.

"Calm down, Pepper," Tony said, his voice steady despite the urgency of the situation. "Morgan's with Yelena."

Pepper blinked in confusion, her panic momentarily overridden by disbelief. "Yelena? What do you mean?"her face was contorted with confusion as she prossesed his words.

Tony quickly explained, his words tumbling out in a rush as he recounted Yelena's assignment to watch over Morgan while they worked. As the pieces fell into place, Pepper's frantic demeanor began to subside, replaced by a sense of relief.

"Oh, thank goodness," Pepper breathed, her shoulders sagging with the weight of her sudden anxiety. "I thought... I thought they got her"

Tony offered her a reassuring smile, his own tension easing as he saw her calm. "It's alright, Pep. I won't let them get to her, even if it's the last thing I do" she looked at tony with a almost unsure look before smiling and walking away.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Pepper's footsteps echoed softly as she made her way to Yelena's room, her heart still racing from the sudden panic of thinking Morgan was missing. As she pushed open the door, she was greeted by the sight of Yelena sitting on the bed, her attention focused on the television screen where the animated movie "Tangled" played, but one thing caught her eye.

At Yelena's side, curled up in a peaceful slumber, was Morgan , her tiny form nestled against Yelena's side, her chest rising and falling in the rhythm of sleep. Pepper's worry melted away at the sight, replaced by a surge of warmth and gratitude for Yelena's care.

"Yelena," Pepper said softly, stepping into the room.

Yelena turned to face her, a small smile gracing her lips. "Hey, Pepper. What's up?"she re adjusted Morgan's head from her arms.

"I... I thought Morgan was missing," Pepper admitted, her voice tinged with embarrassment.

Yelena's brow furrowed in concern. "Oh I'm sorry did tony not tell you she was here?"

Pepper shook her head, a sheepish smile crossing her features. "No....no he forgot and he's working on something so he tends to be quite ignorent to everything else." She laughs a little at her own words.

Yelena chuckled softly, understanding dawning in her eyes. "It's okay, Pepper. We're just hanging out, watching movies."

Pepper's gaze softened as she took in the scene before her, the bond between Yelena and Morgan palpable in the air. "Thank you, Yelena. For taking care of her."

Yelena's smile widened, a genuine warmth shining in her eyes. "Of course, Pepper. Anytime." This was a new side to Yelena, a side she never knew she had herself, this was her chance to be a sister again.

As pepper turned on her heels and walks out the door with a small smile, Yelena craned her head down to Morgans ear and moved a piece of hair from her face " dont worry сестра, I'll always be here for you"
With that, she wrapped her arm around her and gave into the sleep that had been hanging over her for a while. Around an hour later, Tony went to check on Morgan and when he saw the two, he took a picture of them before turning the tv off and smiling as he walked out the room.
--------------------------------------------------------------