Chapter 58- Secrets and stolen keys

The next day Morgan had found herself sitting with Natasha in the living room discussing all sorts of things.
"Are you sure it's wise that you and Yelena should get the stone together, we can't afford messing about"
Morgan laughed and looked up at nat who had a smirk on her face as she stroked James's head who slept in her lap.
"Well I did think maybe we should re consider it but I don't know"
Natasha looked at the girl for a while before speaking again.
"I'll go with you" she said confidently and confusing Morgan.
"What why?"
Natasha pulled her phone out her pocket typing something to someone while answering Morgan.
"I'm a responsible adult and I'm sure Yelena won't mind swapping" she shrugged as she continued to type out her message.
Morgan caught Natasha smiling at her phone and smirked at the woman.
"Who's got you all smiley? Cap cooking you dinner"
Natasha scoffed "I wish, he said he is going to come and take James so I can sort things out with the mission"
Morgan nodded shaking her head at the couple's anticts.

Not long after Steve strolled in the room, he went over to the two girls and pecked nats cheek before taking James and leaving.
Morgan watched the two with a proud smile on her face.
"You know I never thought my auntie nat and uncle Steve would be such a domestic little family"
Natasha smiled and looked down at the sofa before looking back to Morgan.
"Neither did I, but I wouldn't trade it for the world"
As the two settled into a comfortable silence, morgans phone buzzed with a notification from tony.
It read 'Meet me in the workshop, you have 10 minutes'
Morgan sighed and shook her head as she stood up
"As much as I love hanging with you, Dad wants me for something"
Natasha smirked and waved her off "it's fine I'll be here when you get back, tell tony I want a rise"
The younger girl giggled before walking out the room
"See you in a minute nat"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Tony sat at his desk in the workshop franticly pressing buttons on his keyboard to his computer.
"Damn it-"
He was cut off by Morgan entering the room and greeting him "Hey dad what's up?"
Tony spun round on his chair to face his daughter,
"Nothing...I just wanted to apologise for not telling you, I didn't know how you would react"
Morgan looked down and around the room before her gaze landed back on tony.
"I'm not mad about the mission" she muttered barely audiable.
Tony furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "well if I'm not wrong, you went off in a fit of rage about.it yesterday so-"
"It's not the mission I was angry about" she cut him off while sitting down on the small sofa near the TV.
"Then what was it?" He asked his voice soft as he went to sit next to her.
Morgan's gaze remained concentrated on the TV as she began to open up, if there was one thing the red room had taught her, it was not to show weakness or emotion, she didn't mind breaking this rule Infront of Yelena since they were trained together anyway.
"Im scared i will loose you" she blurted out playing with her fingers.

Tony realised the impact of his actions on his daughter and hugged her.
"Sweatheart I'm not going anywhere, I promise you okay?"
Morgan relaxed a little and hugged tony back while nodding into his arms.
The two stayed like this for quite some time before FRIDAY alerted Tony.
"Mr stark, Cournel Rhodes requires your presence"
Tony sighed and let go off Morgan standing up.
"Where's he at Fri?"
"He's currently in the living room with Mrs Rogers sir"
Tony ruffled Morgan's hair "I'll be back soon kiddo" he muttered as he walked out the room and headed towards the living room to see what rhodey wanted.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Morgan waited quietly in the workshop while playing subway surfers on her phone.
She threw her phone across the room when she died and narrowly missed Steve who had suddenly turned up carrying James.
He smiled at her and walked over to where she was sat.
"You seen tony anywhere?" He asked looking rather out of breath.
Morgan looked at him confused "Yeah I mean- Wait why what's going on?"
Steve was distracted when his phone buzzed, as he pulled it out his pocket, James began to cry and Steve passed him to Morgan leaving the teen stunned.
"Can you watch James for a little while, I'll be back soon"
The man practically sprinted out the room leaving Morgan flabbergasted.
She looked down at the boy in her arms.
Was he being so serious?
Morgan had never really babysat a child in her life, she awkwardly tried to calm the young boy down as he cries for his mother.
She considered looking for Nat before remembering that's where Tony and rhodey were, and if she was being so honest she really couldn't be bothered waking all the way to the living room.
Instead she sat on the floor placing James on the ground with her.
She gave the boy one of her old teddies from when she was a child which was located in Tony's desk in the middle of the room.
She sat back down and watched as the boys cries only grew louder and his face got redder.
With a audiable sigh, she grabbed the boy and began to walk out the room.
"You want your mom huh?" She calmly spoke to the bay who began to nod and wail in response.
"Yeah me too kid, me too" her thoughts wandered back to pepper, an she was reminded of what she would get back if this whole mission was too work.