Chapter 36- He knows

Tony rushes into the hospital, his heart pounding in his chest as he searches frantically for any sign of Peter. Pepper is right beside him, her face etched with worry as she scans the crowded waiting area.

"Peter!" Tony calls out, his voice strained with urgency. "Where are you?"

His eyes dart around the room, searching for any familiar face among the sea of worried relatives and medical staff. Finally, he spots a nurse hurrying down the hallway, and he grabs her arm, his grip tight with desperation.

"Have you seen a boy about 5ft6 brown hair, wearing a blue sweatshirt?" Tony asks, his voice frantic.

The nurse nods, her expression sympathetic. "Yes, he's in the emergency room waiting for a young girl who was injured in the Washington Monument incident."

Tony's heart clenches at the mention of the girl. "Is she okay? What happened?"

The nurse hesitates, clearly weighing her words carefully. "I'm sorry, sir, but I don't have any information about her condition. You'll need to speak to the doctor."

Tony nods, his stomach churning with anxiety, as he and Pepper rush toward the emergency room. With each step, his mind races with a thousand worst-case scenarios, and he can feel the weight of responsibility bearing down on him like a ton of bricks.

As they burst through the doors of the emergency room, Tony's heart skips a beat when he sees Peter sitting slumped in a chair, his face pale and drawn with worry. Without a second thought, Tony rushes to his side, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Peter, are you okay?" Tony asks, his voice trembling with emotion.

Peter looks up, his eyes wide with fear and exhaustion. "Mr. Stark," he breathes, relief flooding his features. "I... I don't know what happened. One minute we were helping kids out of the elevator, and the next... Morgan..."

Tony's blood runs cold at the mention of Morgan's name, and he feels a surge of panic grip him like a vice. Without another word, he turns to the nearest nurse, his voice urgent.

"Where's Morgan? Is she okay?"

Tony's heart sinks as he hears the nurse's words. "She's unconscious," she says, her voice grave. "We're still assessing her condition."

Fury courses through Tony's veins as he struggles to contain his emotions. He turns to Peter, his voice trembling with anger and fear. "What the hell were you thinking, Peter?" he snaps. "You had one job: keep her safe."

Peter's eyes widen in alarm, his face pale with guilt. "I-I didn't mean for this to happen, Mr. Stark," he stammers. "We were just trying to help."

Tony's jaw clenches as he fights to keep his emotions in check. "Help?" he repeats, his voice laced with bitterness. "You call this help? Putting yourselves in danger, risking your lives... for what?"

Peter's gaze drops to the floor, unable to meet Tony's accusing stare. "I-I just wanted to do the right thing," he murmurs, his voice barely above a whisper.

Tony's anger simmers beneath the surface as he struggles to rein in his emotions. "The right thing?" he echoes, his voice tinged with frustration. "You think this is the right thing? Putting Morgan's life in jeopardy?"

Peter flinches at the sharpness in Tony's tone, his guilt weighing heavily on him. "I'm sorry, Mr. Stark," he whispers, his voice choked with emotion. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Tony's jaw tightens as he takes a deep breath, trying to calm the storm of emotions raging inside him. "Just... just stay here," he says, his voice strained. "I need to see her."