Chapter 33- Party trick

Morgan's phone buzzes with a text from Peter, and she reads it with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. A party at Liz's tonight? The idea of going out and having fun is tempting, but the risk of sneaking out would need to be weighed up first.

She taps out a reply to Peter, her fingers hovering over the send button for a moment before she hits it. "Sounds good. I'll see if I can make it," she types, trying to sound casual despite the nerves fluttering in her stomach.

As she sits there contemplating her decision, a sense of restlessness washes over her. The thought of spending another evening cooped up in her room feels suffocating, and the lure of adventure is too strong to resist.

With a determined nod, Morgan begins to formulate a plan. She'll have to wait until later when Tony and Pepper are busy with work to make her move, but she's determined to seize this opportunity for a taste of normal teenage life.

Yelena's confusion is palpable as she steps into Morgan's room and finds her rifling through her wardrobe, selecting an outfit for the evening.

"What are you doing?" Yelena asks, eyeing Morgan curiously.

Morgan turns to face her, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Getting ready for a party," she replies nonchalantly, trying to mask the nervous excitement bubbling beneath the surface.

Yelena raises an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "A party? Since when do you go to parties?"

Morgan shrugs, a sly smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Since tonight, apparently. Peter invited me to Liz's party, and I'm not one to turn down an opportunity for some fun."

Yelena's expression softens, and she sighs, shaking her head in amusement. "You're something else, Morgan Stark."

With a laugh, Morgan continues to get ready. As Yelena deftly works on Morgan's hair and makeup, their conversation shifts to a more serious tone.

"You've noticed Natasha's been sick lately, right?" Morgan asks, her voice tinged with concern.

Yelena nods, her brow furrowing with worry. "Yeah, I have. She's been acting strange too, like she's hiding something."

Morgan sighs, a pang of guilt tugging at her heart. "I know. I've been so caught up in my own problems that I haven't really checked in on her. Do you think she's okay?"

Yelena pauses in her styling, her gaze meeting Morgan's in the mirror. "I don't know, but we should keep an eye on her. She's been through a lot, and she might not be handling it as well as she lets on."

Morgan nods, the weight of their conversation settling over her. "You're right. I'll talk to her when I get back."

With a final flourish, Yelena finishes Morgan's hair and makeup, a small smile playing on her lips. "There, all done. Now go have some fun at the party, but don't forget to keep an eye out for Natasha when you get home."

Morgan nods, her resolve firming. "I won't. Thanks, Yelena."

With a reassuring squeeze of Morgan's shoulder, Yelena steps back, allowing her sister to admire her reflection in the mirror. As Morgan takes in her transformation, she can't help but feel a sense of determination wash over her. Tonight, she'll enjoy the party,without feeling guilty.

As they finish up, Yelena reminisces about their childhood, a fond smile gracing her lips.

"You remember the time we put a whole pallet of makeup on Tonys face"Yelena chuckles, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Morgan laughs, the memory flooding back vividly. "How could I forget? Dad was furious! But it was worth it for the pictures."

"Yeah, we were quite the pair, always getting into trouble," Yelena remarks, a hint of nostalgia in her voice.