Chapter 42- The jet

As Vulture moved towards Morgan, Peter sprang into action, lunging forward to intercept him. With adrenaline coursing through his veins, Peter's movements were swift and agile as he attempted to thwart his advance."Get away from her!" Peter shouted, his voice laced with determination as he grappled with Vulture, desperately trying to keep him at bay.But Vulture proved to be a formidable opponent, his strength and agility matching Peter's own. With a powerful shove, he sent Peter staggering backward, his grip on Morgan momentarily loosening.Peter's heart pounded in his chest as he watched Vulture reach for Morgan, his mind racing with panic.

He couldn't let Vulture take her, couldn't let harm come to his friend.Summoning every ounce of strength and determination, Peter lunged forward once more, throwing himself between Vulture and Morgan, his body acting as a shield against any potential harm."Stay back!" Peter warned, his voice trembling with emotion as he braced himself for whatever came next.

As Wanda appeared seemingly out of nowhere, Peter's eyes widened in astonishment. Before he could utter a word, Wanda quipped, "What? You didn't see that coming?"Her playful remark caught Peter off guard, momentarily breaking the tension of the situation. Despite the gravity of their circumstances, Peter couldn't help but let out a nervous chuckle at Wanda's unexpected entrance.

"Uh, no, I definitely didn't," Peter replied, a mixture of relief and disbelief evident in his voice as he exchanged a glance with Morgan, who was still recovering from her ordeal.Wanda's sudden appearance provided a welcome distraction, injecting a moment of levity into the tense atmosphere. With her uncanny ability to lighten the mood, Wanda offered a brief respite from the chaos unfolding around them.

As Wanda engaged in a fierce battle with the vulture, Peter's focus shifted to getting Morgan to safety. With determination in his eyes, he sprang into action, his mind racing with adrenaline-fueled urgency.As Peter hurried to Morgan's side, he frantically assessed the situation. With the jet hurtling towards the ground, he knew he had to act fast. Gently cradling Morgan in his arms, he strained against the force of gravity, struggling to maintain his balance as the aircraft trembled around them."Come on, Morgan, wake up," Peter urged, his voice tinged with desperation as he shook her gently, hoping to rouse her from her unconscious state.With each passing moment, the ground drew closer, the impending impact looming ominously ahead. Ignoring the chaos unfolding around them, Peter focused all his energy on ensuring Morgan's safety, his heart pounding with fear and determination.

With a final burst of effort, Peter managed to hoist Morgan onto his shoulders, her limp form resting heavily against him. As the ground rushed up to meet them, he braced himself for the inevitable crash, praying that they would emerge from the wreckage unscathed.

As the flames danced around them, casting an eerie glow over the chaotic scene, Morgan lay unconscious, her body limp and battered from the ordeal. Nearby, Peter struggled to stay conscious, his vision blurred and his strength waning with each passing moment.
With a grim determination, Peter fought against the encroaching darkness, his mind foggy as he struggled to focus on the task at hand. Despite the overwhelming exhaustion weighing him down, he refused to succumb to unconsciousness, his thoughts consumed by the urgent need to keep Morgan safe.

As he reached out to her, his hand trembling with fatigue, he whispered words of reassurance, his voice barely audible over the crackling of flames. Though weakened by their harrowing ordeal, he drew upon the last reserves of his strength, his determination to protect Morgan driving him forward even as his own consciousness slipped away.

Wanda approached the subdued vulture, her gaze piercing as she confronted him with a mixture of anger and determination. "You thought you could get away with this?" she demanded, her voice cold and resolute.The vulture, pinned beneath the weight of his defeat, could only look up at her with a mixture of fear and defiance. "You can't stop me," he spat, his voice tinged with bitterness as he struggled against her power.