Chapter 39-Avengers

The next day,Clint raises an eyebrow as he takes a bite of his breakfast, casting a knowing glance at Morgan and Tony. "Well, well, what do we have here? Awkward silence between the prodigal daughter and the king of Stark Industries?"

Morgan rolls her eyes, shooting Clint a playful glare. "Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Clint," she quips, her tone laced with sarcasm.

Tony clears his throat awkwardly, shifting in his seat as he avoids Morgan's gaze. "Let's just say, someone has a knack for causing trouble," he mutters under his breath, earning a raised eyebrow from Pepper.

Pepper places a reassuring hand on Tony's arm, shooting him a warning look before turning her attention to Morgan. "Everything okay between you two?" she asks, her tone gentle yet probing.

Morgan nods, mustering a small smile. "Yeah, everything's fine," she replies, though the tension in the air is palpable.

Clint leans back in his chair, a smirk playing on his lips as he observes the scene unfold. "Sure, everything's fine," he echoes, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Just your typical family drama at the breakfast table."

Bucky scowls, his gaze fixed on the array of fridge magnets adorning his metal arm. "Seriously, Sam? You think this is funny?" he accuses, shooting a pointed look at Sam.

Sam raises his hands defensively, shaking his head. "Hey, don't look at me, man," he protests, his expression incredulous. "I wouldn't waste good magnets on your tin can arm."

Clint stifles a laugh, watching the exchange with amusement. "Well, someone's clearly got a bone to pick with Mr. Broody over here," he remarks, earning a glare from Bucky.

Morgan chuckles, finding the situation rather amusing. "Come on, Bucky, admit it. You look like the most intimidating fridge in town," she teases, grinning mischievously.

Bucky shoots her a mock glare before turning back to Sam. "I'm watching you, Wilson," he warns, though there's a hint of amusement in his tone.

Sam rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yeah, yeah, keep your metal arm out of my business, Barnes," he retorts, though there's a playful glint in his eyes.

Wanda furrows her brow in concentration, her eyes fixed on Tony as she attempts to delve into his thoughts. Tony, sensing her gaze, quirks an eyebrow in amusement.

"Trying to read my mind, Wanda?" he asks, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

Wanda nods, her expression focused as she channels her powers. "Just curious," she replies, her voice tinged with determination.

Tony chuckles, shaking his head slightly. "Good luck with that. My mind's like a fortress," he quips, though there's a hint of pride in his tone.

Undeterred, Wanda continues to concentrate, her powers swirling around her as she delves deeper into Tony's thoughts. She's met with resistance, but she's determined to uncover whatever secrets he might be hiding.

As Wanda shifts her focus to Pepper's mind, her brows furrow with concentration once more. However, unlike with Tony's thoughts, her expression remains more neutral, revealing little about what she's uncovering.

Pepper, engrossed in her own thoughts, doesn't immediately notice Wanda's probing. But as the seconds tick by, a faint flicker of awareness crosses her features, prompting her to glance up at Wanda with a hint of curiosity.

Wanda, sensing Pepper's awareness, quickly withdraws from her mind, realizing she's overstepped a boundary. She offers Pepper a sheepish smile, hoping to downplay the intrusion.