Chapter 18- I trust you nat

Natasha leaned in close to Steve, her voice low as she outlined the details of their undercover mission. "We'll be posing as a married couple," she murmured, her eyes darting briefly towards the man standing across the room. "Our target is a high-ranking official with ties to the Red Room. We need to get close to him, gain his trust, and extract any information we can."

Steve frowned, his discomfort evident as he glanced towards the other man. "And how do you propose we do that?" he asked, his tone tinged with concern.

Natasha's lips curved into a sly smile as she leaned back, her gaze meeting Steve's with a glint of mischief. "I'll do what I do best," she replied coyly, her voice laced with confidence. "I'll flirt with him, play the part of the doting wife while extracting information from him."

Steve's jaw tightened at the suggestion, a flicker of jealousy crossing his features. "And what am I supposed to do?" he asked, his tone bordering on irritation.

Natasha reached out, gently squeezing Steve's hand in reassurance. "You'll be my supportive husband," she replied, her voice softening as she met his gaze. "You'll keep an eye on things, make sure I'm safe. We're in this together, Steve."

Steve sighed, his expression conflicted as he glanced towards the man they were meant to be targeting on the screen. "I just don't like the idea of you flirting with another man," he admitted, his voice tight with unease.

Natasha's eyes softened with understanding as she leaned in closer, her voice barely above a whisper. "It's just an act, Steve," she reassured him, her breath warm against his ear. "You're the only one I care about."

As Steve rose from his seat, a wave of frustration washing over him, Natasha's annoyance simmered beneath the surface. She watched him go, his departure leaving a tense silence in his wake.

"Steve..." Natasha began, her voice trailing off as she struggled to find the right words.

But before she could continue, the door swung open, and Clint entered the room, his keen senses immediately picking up on the tension between Natasha and Steve.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Clint asked, his brow furrowing with concern as he glanced between them.

Natasha sighed, her frustration evident as she shook her head. "It's nothing," she replied tersely, her gaze flickering towards the door through which Steve had just left. "Just a disagreement about the mission."

Clint's eyes narrowed as he studied her, his expression thoughtful. "You two arguing again?" he asked, his tone gentle yet probing.

Natasha's jaw tightened at the question, her irritation bubbling to the surface. "It's none of your business, Clint," she snapped, her voice sharp with annoyance.

Clint held up his hands in a placating gesture, his gaze steady as he met hers. "Alright, alright," he conceded, his tone soothing. "Just remember, we're a team. We need to stick together, no matter what."

Natasha's features softened slightly at his words, a flicker of guilt crossing her features. "I know," she replied, her voice quieter now. "I'll talk to Steve. We'll figure it out."

Tony strolled into the room, a steaming cup of tea in one hand and his laptop tucked under his arm. His eyes flickered with curiosity as he took in the scene before him, noting the tension that hung in the air like a heavy fog.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Tony quipped, his tone light but tinged with amusement. "Another lovers' quarrel?"

Natasha's jaw clenched at Tony's teasing remark, her irritation flaring at his insensitive comment. "It's not what you think, Tony," she replied curtly, her voice sharp with annoyance.