Chapter 60- See you in a minute

The day of the hesit was bittersweet, it was no different to a regular morning for Morgan. She had woken up, slipped out of bed and gone to the kitchen to see who was awake.
Habits must die hard, because just like the good old times, Steve was very much awake sipping on a cup of tea after going on his morning run.
Morgan smiled at the man and poured herself a cup of orange juice.
"You nervous?" She inquired while putting some bread in the toaster.
Steve turned around and sighed putting his hands on the counter.
"I think everyone is truth be told" he then gave Morgan the toast he had already made and waited for the one she put in, which she thanked him for as she sat down with her breakfast.
While the two are in silence, Tony strolled in looking like he hadnt slept a wink all night.
"Morning" he muttered pressing the kettle on and ruffling Morgan's hair.
"Morning tony" Steve replied watching the man closely.
Tony grunted something and then sat down next to Morgan.
"Your unusually quiet" Morgan observed as she watched tony stare into the distance.
"I'm just thinking" tony murmured as he kept his gaze trained on the TV Infront of him.
Steve looked at Morgan who looked back at him.
They both shared a concerned gaze, but they knew there was nothing they could really do about it.
"Well I'm gonna go get James and wake nat, see you later guys" Steve walked out the room leaving the two starks in a somber silence.
"You want to talk about it?" Morgan placed a hand on tonys and waited for him to reply.
He grabbed her hand and looked at her slowly.
"I'm fine" he gave her a fake smile.
"No your not, dad please tell me" tony saw the desperation in Morgan's eyes and knew he couldnt tell her what was really on his mind.
"You know what, when all this is over we should go on holiday, how about that?"
Morgan smiled and her face lit up.
"Can we go to the F1 race in monaco please please pleaseeee" tony laughed at his daughters anticts.
"Okay okay, I promise to take you Monaco"
"Pinky swear?" Morgan asked holding out her pinky.
"Pinky swear" tony spoke locking his pinky with hers.
One thing about the Starks, is they never break pinky swears. Ever.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Steve had arrived back at his and nats apartment in the compound to find Natasha and James awake and playing on the bed.
Which was unusual to say the least, Natasha word usually take James for some breakfast and start on her mission reports on her laptop.
So when Steve saw the two laughing and giggling, he didn't know how to feel.
Natasha looked up when she felt Steve's presence and smiled "hey, did you go on your run" Steve nodded and lay down next to James where Nat was sat.
"Yeah, what's got you two laughing and giggling" he expression was soft and he rubbed circles on nats back.
Natasha's expression faltered for a moment before she regained her unfazed exterior.
"Nothing, just want to spend time with my little boy, none of us know how today will go Steve, no matter how much reassurance you give someone" her face was unreadable and Steve felt bad for being the one who influenced her into doing this.
"I'm sorry" Steve sighed watching James crawl around.
"Sorry for what?" Natasha asked confused, her eyes now on Steve watching his eyebrows knitt together.
"Convincing you to do this" he deadpanned staring at the ceiling.
Natasha's gaze softens and she reached out to stroke his cheek.
"Don't do this Steve, I would have done it anyway, I was never going to turn down the opportunity to bring half the world back was I?"
She tried to convince Steve but he looked like guilt was gnawing away at him.
"Hey look at me" she whispered grabbing his chin and facing it towards her, "its all going to work out, we will be fine I promise" she stroked Steve's cheek with her thumb and watched steves facial expressions soften.
"I love you Nat" steve sat up pulling nat into a hug and kissing her on the cheek.
"I love you too Steve Rogers" Natasha smirked kissing him on the lips, the two were in the middle of a passionate kiss before being interrupted.
"I didn't get told this mission would be R rated" Clint  mocked looking disgusted as he stood in the door frame to their apartment.
Natasha glared at Clint and stood up walking towards him.
"Who gave you a key?" She snarled taking the key he dangled in the air from his hands.
Clint shurgged "Morgan did, she said you kept it in your fruit bowl"
Natasha shook her head picking James up putting him in his crib.
She kissed him on the head and stroked his hair.
"Mommy will be back soon jamie I love you so much okay"
James giggled in response and waved his arms in the air.
Natasha then stepped away from the baby and followed Clint and Steve to the gym where all he others were.
"The big days finally arrived" rhodey said preping his  suit with help from tony.
"Sure has" steve strolled over observing the man's work.
Morgan was in the corner with Yelena, the two woe blackwidow catsuits and had widow bites on their wrists.
"Hey M, Lena, love the suits although is that not plagerism?" Natasha teased as she grabbed her suit from the wrack.
Yelena rolled her eyes "in your dreams Natalia" she remarked supressing a laugh.
Clint prepared his trick arrows and Bruce well, Bruce was just sat there.
Thor was talking to rocket and Steve was now doing pushups in his suit.
"Half an hour guys" Steve announced wrapping his hands.
"Then we pull this off" Scott continued.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The inevitable time had finally arrived, most of the avengers were gathered around the time machine waiting for orders from Steve who was currently with Bruce testing everything.
However the two youngest, Yelena and Morgan, were stood nearby having what looked like a deep conversation.
"Just promise me you'll come back in one piece" Yelena sternly told Morgan holding both the girls shoulders.
"I promise lena, besides we both were trained the same, I'm equally as capable" the younger girl reassured her sister.
Yelena then pulled Morgan in for a bone Cushing hug.
" хорошо, потому что я не могу жить без тебя (good because I can't live without you)"
Morgan just dug her head into yelenas chest at her words and hoped to stay there forever.
"Don't worry Lenny, I'll bring her back to you I'll do whatever it takes" Natasha chimed in strolling over from where Steve and Bruce were noticing the emotional moment the two were having.
Yelena removed herself from the hug and smiled at nat.
"Honestly Nat don't know what I would do without you either, stay safe sestra" Yelena then pulled Natasha into a hug.
This time Yelena was the one to dig her head into Natasha's chest.
Natasha pulled away and smiled at the two girls then walked back over to Steve and Bruce.