Chapter 49-Workshop kinda night

The workshop is dimly lit, with scattered tools and gadgets lying around. Morgan stands in the center of the room, her eyes red from tears. She grips a piece of metal in her hand, her fingers trembling with emotion. She looks around, her gaze landing on a framed picture of her and her father, smiling together."Why doesn't he love me anymore?"
She clenches her jaw, fighting back fresh tears, and then, with a sudden surge of frustration, she hurls the metal across the room.
It clangs against the wall, echoing in the silence of the workshop. She grabs another object and throws it with even more force, her anger and hurt boiling over."Mr. Stark, there is unusual activity detected in the workshop."Friday alerted Tony.
Tony, asleep in his bedroom, stirs at the sound of Friday's voice. He sits up, rubbing his eyes, and glances at the monitor on his bedside table, which shows the live feed from the workshop."Morgan?" He whispers groggily trying not to wake pepper up.

He jumps out of bed, pulling on a robe as he rushes out of the room and down the stairs to the workshop. When he arrives, he finds Morgan surrounded by scattered tools and debris, her shoulders shaking with sobs.He rushes to her side "Morgan, what's wrong?"
Morgan looks up, startled to see her father standing there, concern etched on his face. She quickly wipes away her tears, trying to compose herself."I... I thought you didn't care about me anymorec, I heard what you said to nat and Steve"
Tony's heart sinks at her words, and he kneels down in front of her, gently taking her hands in his.

"Oh, sweetheart, that's not true. I love you more than anything in this world.Morgan looks into her father's eyes, searching for any sign of deception, but all she sees is love and sincerity.Morgan tried to compose herself but spoke through tears.
"But you're always busy with work, and we never spend any time together anymore"
"I know, and I'm sorry for that. But no matter how busy I am, you will always be my priority. I promise to make more time for us, okay?"
Morgan nods, a glimmer of hope returning to her eyes as she throws her arms around her father, clinging to him tightly."I love you 3000 Dad"
"I love you too, Morgan. Forever and always"They stay like that for a moment, father and daughter, finding solace in each other's embrace amidst the chaos of the workshop.

Tony gently pulls away from Morgan's embrace and stands up, still keeping a reassuring hand on her shoulder. He walks over to his cluttered desk, where his laptop sits amidst a sea of papers and gadgets. With Morgan watching him intently, Tony opens his laptop and begins scrolling through his emails, his brow furrowed in concentration."Let's see... where did I put that..." He mutters.Morgan watches her father, her earlier distress gradually fading as she sees the familiar focus in his eyes. She moves closer, standing beside him as he navigates through his inbox."What are you looking for, Dad?"

"Just some messages I need to follow up on. Ah, here we go."He clicks on an email, scanning its contents with a thoughtful expression. Morgan leans in, trying to catch a glimpse of the screen."Is everything okay?"Yeah, just some work stuff. Nothing we can't handle."
He closes the laptop and turns to face Morgan, a small smile playing on his lips.
"Hand me that wrench, will you?"
Morgan nods, reaching for the tool on the nearby workbench, her brow furrowed in concentration. As she passes it to her father, the sound of footsteps echoes through the workshop, drawing their attention.
Pepper who was not even down the stairs yet could be heard"Tony? Morgan? What on earth are you two doing down here at this hour"
Tony and Morgan exchange a guilty glance before Pepper emerges from the shadows, her arms crossed and a stern expression on her face. "Uh, just... working on a little project. You know how it is" tony mumbled.

Pepper sighs, her annoyance melting into exasperated affection as she takes in the sight of her husband and daughter surrounded by tools and wires."Honestly, you two. It's past midnight. You should be in bed, not playing with gadgets"
Morgan shoots Tony a nervous look, silently pleading for him to defuse the situation
."Sorry, Mom. We just got carried away"
Tony steps forward, a charming grin spreading across his face as he tries to smooth things over
."Come on, Pep. You know how it is when inspiration strikes. We couldn't just ignore it."Pepper rolls her eyes, unable to resist Tony's charm even when she's trying to scold him.
"Fine, but don't make a habit of it. Morgan, you need your sleep"
Morgan nods, relieved that her mother isn't too upset with them." I will, Mom. I promise"
With a fond smile, Pepper turns to leave, shaking her head in mock exasperation."You two are lucky I love you"
As Pepper disappears back into the house, Tony and Morgan share a knowing look, their bond strengthened by their shared adventure in the late-night workshop.