Chapter 10- Hangovers suck

The next morning, as the Avengers began to stir from their slumber, Natasha was the first to rise, her mind still lingering on the events of the previous night. Stretching her limbs, she made her way to the kitchen, where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted her.

Clint, nursing a monumental hangover, groaned as he stumbled into the kitchen, his movements slow and unsteady. "Remind me never to drink Asgardian mead again," he muttered, wincing at the memory of his antics from the night before.

Natasha chuckled sympathetically, pouring him a glass of water and handing him a couple of aspirin. "Lesson learned," she remarked with a playful grin.

As the rest of the Avengers began to trickle into the kitchen, their laughter and chatter filling the air, they noticed Steve's absence and exchanged curious glances. Tony, ever the instigator, couldn't resist teasing Natasha.

"So, Natasha, where's your favorite super soldier this morning?" he quipped with a knowing smirk.

Natasha rolled her eyes, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips. "Probably sleeping off the effects of the Asgardian mead," she replied, unable to suppress a chuckle at the thought of Steve waking up with a hangover.

Sure enough, a short while later, Steve stumbled into the kitchen, his hair tousled and his expression sheepish. "Good morning, everyone," he greeted with a rueful smile, his voice hoarse from sleep.

The Avengers erupted into laughter at the sight of their fearless leader looking decidedly worse for wear. Natasha couldn't help but tease him gently. "Rough night, Cap?" she asked with a playfully with a knowing smile.

Steve chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "You could say that," he admitted, a sheepish grin spreading across his face.

As the laughter subsided, Pepper entered the room, carrying Morgan in her arms. The little girl was still rubbing her eyes sleepily, her hair mussed from her nap.

"Good morning, everyone," Pepper greeted with a warm smile, her gaze sweeping over the Avengers.

"Morning, Pepper," Steve greeted, his smile widening at the sight of Morgan in her mother's arms.

Natasha rose from her seat and approached them, a fond smile on her face. "Looks like someone had a late night," she remarked teasingly, reaching out to tousle Morgan's hair gently.

Pepper chuckled, shifting Morgan in her arms as she settled into a chair. "Yes, someone was up bright and early this morning," she replied with a knowing smile, her eyes twinkling with affection.

Morgan yawned, her eyes fluttering closed as she snuggled against her mother's shoulder. "I wanted to see Uncle Steve," she mumbled sleepily, her words muffled by the fabric of Pepper's blouse.

The Avengers chuckled at Morgan's sleepy confession, touched by her affection for Steve. Steve smiled warmly, his heart melting at the sight of the sleepy little girl.

"Well, I'm glad you did," Steve said softly, reaching out to tousle Morgan's hair affectionately. "I always have time for you, Morgan."

Natasha's heart swelled with warmth as she watched Steve interact with Morgan, their bond evident in the easy way they laughed and played together. A soft smile tugged at the corners of her lips, her eyes sparkling with affection.

Clint, ever observant, caught sight of Natasha's fond expression and couldn't resist teasing her. "Looks like someone's got a soft spot for Cap and his little sidekick," he remarked with a smirk, nudging her playfully.

Natasha rolled her eyes, but couldn't suppress the blush that crept up her cheeks at Clint's teasing. "Don't be ridiculous, Clint," she replied, her tone teasingly dismissive.