Chapter 34- Washington Dc

Concern etches across Morgan's face as she steps into Steve and Natasha's room, her heart sinking at the sight of Natasha being sick, with Steve by her side. She hesitates for a moment, unsure if she should intrude, but her worry for her friends outweighs any hesitations.

"Natasha? Steve?" Morgan calls softly, stepping closer to the bed. "Are you guys okay?"

Steve looks up, his expression weary but filled with concern. "Hey, Morgan," he says, his voice gentle. "Nat's not feeling too great today."

Natasha offers Morgan a weak smile, her pallor betraying her discomfort. "Hey, kiddo," she says hoarsely, her voice strained. "Just a little under the weather."

Morgan's brow furrows with concern as she approaches the bed, her worry for Natasha overriding any sense of awkwardness. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asks, her voice laced with genuine concern.

Natasha shakes her head, wincing slightly. "Thanks, Morgan, but I think I just need some rest," she murmurs, her words barely above a whisper.

Steve reaches out, placing a comforting hand on Natasha's shoulder. "We'll take care of her, Morgan," he assures her, his eyes filled with gratitude.

Morgan nods, her heart heavy with worry for her friends. "Just let me know if you need anything," she says softly, offering them both a reassuring smile before quietly leaving the room.

As she steps out into the hallway, Morgan can't shake the feeling of unease that lingers in the air. She knows that Natasha's illness is more than just a simple bug, and she's determined to find out what's really going on. But for now, all she can do is offer her support and hope that Natasha gets better soon.

Morgan steps into the kitchen, finding Clint, tony Pepper, Bucky, and Sam gathered around the table. Pepper's stern expression catches Morgan off guard, and she braces herself for whatever news is about to come her way.

"Morgan," Pepper begins, her tone serious. "I received a letter from your school about a last-minute trip to Washington DC. It's leaving tonight."

Morgan's eyes widen in surprise, her mind racing with possibilities. A trip to Washington DC could be just the distraction she needs from the tension brewing at the tower.

"Can I go?" Morgan blurts out, her excitement evident in her voice.

Pepper hesitates, clearly taken aback by Morgan's sudden enthusiasm. "It's so last minute, Morgan," she says, her tone cautious. "And with everything that's been happening..."

But Morgan doesn't let her finish, already pleading her case. "Please, Mom," she insists, her eyes pleading. "I promise I'll be responsible. It's just a school trip, and I really want to go."

Tony chimes in, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Come on, Pep, let the kid spread her wings a bit," he says with a grin. "It's not like she's asking to go to a party in a supervillain's lair."

Pepper sighs, clearly torn between her motherly instincts and Morgan's eagerness. Finally, she relents with a resigned smile. "Fine," she says, her tone softening. "But you better behave yourself, young lady."

Morgan's face lights up with excitement as she thanks Pepper profusely, already imagining the adventures that await her in the nation's capital. As she rushes off to pack her bags, she can't help but feel grateful for the opportunity to escape the tension of the tower, if only for a little while.

Morgan's excitement bubbles over as she eagerly devours her breakfast, her mind already racing with plans for the trip to Washington DC. She catches Clint's eye across the table, unable to contain her curiosity about Natasha.