Chapter 37- Grounded

A few days after the incident, Morgan was back at the tower recovering in her room, now mostly recovered, she lay in bed on her phone watching TV.

Tony strides into Morgan's room, his expression stern and his tone firm as he delivers the news. "Morgan, I've made a decision," he begins, his voice brooking no argument. "You're grounded, effective immediately."

Morgan's eyes narrow in anger, her jaw tensing as she meets her father's gaze head-on. "Grounded?" she repeats incredulously, her voice laced with frustration. "You can't be serious."

Tony's brow furrows at Morgan's defiant tone, but he remains resolute. "I'm deadly serious, Morgan," he replies firmly. "You disobeyed my orders, putting yourself and others in danger. There have to be consequences."

Morgan's fists clench at her sides, her anger bubbling to the surface. "And what about you, Dad?" she retorts, her voice tinged with bitterness. "You're the one who's never around, too busy saving the world to even notice what's going on with your own daughter."

Tony's expression softens slightly, his gaze filled with remorse. "Morgan, you know it's not like that," he begins, but Morgan cuts him off, her frustration boiling over.

"No, Dad, I don't know!" she exclaims, her voice rising with each word. "All I know is that you're never here when I need you. And now you want to punish me for trying to do something good?"

Tony's shoulders sag at Morgan's words, the weight of her accusations hitting him like a ton of bricks. "Morgan, I..." he starts, but Morgan shakes her head, her anger still burning bright.

"I don't want to hear it, Dad," she says sharply, her tone cutting. "Just go. Leave me alone."

Tony looks at his daughter, his heart heavy with guilt and regret. He knows he's let her down, but right now, there's nothing he can say to make it right. With a heavy sigh, he turns and leaves Morgan alone with her thoughts, knowing that their relationship has been strained by his absence once again.

Morgan's phone buzzes with an incoming call, and she sees Peter's name flashing on the screen. She hesitates for a moment, still seething from her confrontation with Tony, but ultimately decides to answer.

"Hey, Peter," she says, trying to keep the frustration out of her voice.

"Morgan, are you okay?" Peter's voice is filled with concern, but before she can respond, he continues, "Listen, I know you're probably still angry, but I need to tell you something."

Morgan braces herself for whatever Peter is about to say, but nothing could prepare her for his next words.

"I know where the bad guys are," Peter says urgently. "They're going to be on the ferry to Staten Island in an hour."

Morgan's anger momentarily forgotten, her mind races with the implications of Peter's revelation. "Are you serious?" she asks, her voice tinged with excitement and adrenaline.

"Dead serious," Peter confirms. "I overheard them talking, and I think they're planning something big."

Morgan's heart races with the thrill of the chase, her anger towards Tony momentarily pushed aside by the prospect of stopping the criminals in their tracks.

"Okay, let's do this," she says, determination ringing in her voice. "Meet me at the ferry terminal in half an hour. We're going to stop them, Peter. Together."With that she ended the call and rushed out of bed to put her suit on.

Morgan slips into her suit with a sense of purpose, the familiar weight of it grounding her. Just as she's adjusting the mask, Yelena enters the room, her expression a mix of concern and disbelief.