Bonus chapter - 7

Hello, yes i am alive!!!!! Yayyyy

*******

* Max P.O.V*

I was standing infront of the horsecart and noticed the glare, horse was sending me.

You sit on me, i kill you!

I gulped and looked around, trying to find a way to escape from this situation. I have already gained all the knowledge about Indian wedding and agreed to do for her happiness but learning about it is different thing and going through it, is different.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and i turned to see Roy standing there.

"Don't worry jiju, I will handle everything," he winked and pushed me forward towards the cart. "Traditionally, your jiju need to help you to climb this but since, you don't have any, you can do it yourself."

I stared at him, "For a moment, i thought you came to help me."

"Oh, yes. I came here to make sure, you get to enjoy this wedding as much as I'm enjoying. I've made all arrangements. My all friends are here to dance in baraat to show the real indian wedding," he exclaimed and pointed towards the big group who was busy in serious discussion.

"Shouldn't you be at wedding venue to check out all arrangements," I narrowed my eyes.

He waved his hand and said, "No, everything is done already. Now it's my duty as brother in law, to make sure you reached the venue safely."

He laughed at my expression and I shook my head. Taking a deep breath, i climbed on the cart and heard people cheering for me.

I smiled, one step closer!

When Roy mentioned about his friends, i thought they will just company us towards venue as we were new here. But I was wrong!

They were dancing like crazy infront of the horse and my family was staring at them. I noticed Nina, Kyle and my other friends joining them, putting their useless efforts of learning Bhangra. I chuckled, shaking my head.

Jazz should see this.

I sighed, thinking about her. I pulled my phone and sent a text to mahi, requesting her to send me a picture of jazz in her bridal dress which she immediately declined.

I groaned and prayed to God for giving me patience to handle this torture for few more hours.

Just as I thought the dancing was done with and we would finally move ahead, comes the burst of fire-crackers. I sighed, and fixed my turban, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

Soon, we reached the venue and noticed the Jessica family at the entrance. I realised they must be here to welcome us for the wedding, another ritual in Indian wedding. After few minutes, a small ceremony started which was milni. The Milni ceremony is a special greeting of the baraat, performed between the families. I glanced at my right side and noticed Roy coming towards me, dancing and smiling. I smiled and waved towards him. He jumped on my cart and started dancing. People around us laughed, taking pictures. I could sense the joy and happiness in the atmosphere. It was so overwhelming.

I took a deep breath when Roy extended his hand towards me and tilted his head downward, indicating to step down. We walked towards the entrance and saw, her mother standing there with a plate in her hand. She smiled at me and perfomed aarti (moving a small flame in a circular motion in front of his face to free the groom from obstacles and bad luck). Then she applied a tilak (red mark on forehead) as a sign of good luck. She took a step back and indicated me to stepped onto an earthen pitcher, crushing it into many pieces. Everyone shouted and clapped , giving us space to enter in the hall.

Fixing my turban, i slowly walked ahead. I felt the happiness, ready to burst inside me.

I stepped on the stairs which were leading me towards the stage in the centre of hall. There were few people sitting on it, preparing for another rituals. I sighed, one more hour!

I was already tired, by the end we finished it. They asked me sit on the sofa, placed in the middle of stage. Soon, few waiters appeared offering me snacks and drinks. I tilted my head and noticed a cherry peeking at me.

I smirked, grabbing it and placed it in my mouth. As, sweet and sour taste filled in my mouth, atmosphere started to shift towards silence.

Suddenly a beautiful melody was playing in the background and everything was stopped. I closed my eyes for few seconds, preparing myself and when I opened them, I saw her.

*Jessica P.O.V*

I stepped outside the car and I could feel the panic begin to rise inside me.
It was a turbulence of emotions in my mind.

"It's fine to feel anxious," Mahi said quietly. "But, we are here with you and inside, there is a guy waiting for you, who came from thousands miles, only for you."

I nodded and noticed Travis, Roy and few more people coming towards me. Roy took my hand, smiling indicated me to walk inside. "Jiju will die from anxiety, if you delay more," he chuckled, making me laugh.

Taking a deep breath, i slowly walked inside. First thing, i noticed was the path to the stage which was lined up with pastel flowers. The white candles placed within glass lanterns that hung from the ceiling, were giving it perfect compliment. Nervously,  I looked down and i started my March where the beautiful song was playing in the background. I could feel everyone stare on me. I gripped Mahi hand tighter and continued walking.

I could feel his stare. Look up!

But, this was strange feeling. I wasn't able to lift my head. Anxious, fear, shyness all these together captured my mind completely.

I reached towards stage and could see the first step. Suddenly, a hand appeared infront of me and something hit on my nerves. Mahi took my hand, which she was holding and put in his palm. He pressed my hand lightly, sending a warm feeling inside which was enough to soothe my nerves. Feeling shy, i slowly lifted my head and met with those eyes which were shining with a sparkle of tear.

Tears started forming up in my eyes as I stared in his eyes, mouthing, "I love you."

"I love you too," He whispered. "Shall we?"

I nodded and took a step towards my new journey.

*******

Sorry for taking this long. I actually quit writing but today I checked out my work and realised this book need the ending. So, m trying to finish it. If this chapter didn't meet your expectations, i apologise. It was really hard to maintain the same flow.

Hope you enjoy it!