Chapter-17 *Girls talk*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V. *

I came back to my room thinking about the moments I shared with Max - I mean, with that jerk! I had to agree he had a soft side he didn't want to show, and maybe he had some reasons behind that, but he was still a jerk. I checked my watch: it was 2:30 P.M. I had one hour to prepare for Nina's rapid-fire questions.

I sighed and unlocked my phone and saw that there were a few messages and several missed calls. I didn't bother to check my phone after heading out for lunch with Max. That was weird.

The messages were:

Noah-

Are you skipping class?
Pick up the phone at least.
Again. . . not in class? Reply back or I'm calling Nina.
Max is also not in class. Please don't do anything stupid.

Nina-

Where are you? Skipping college?
You better have a solid reason for this. See you, Tc.

There were four missed calls from Noah and two from Nina.

I was feeling great for having such caring friends, but also guilty for hanging out with Max.

What should I do now?

Nina would surely make fun of me.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed, breaking the chain of my guilty thoughts. The text was from an unknown number;

Don't think too much about me. Btw, I had a great time with you and I'm looking forward to more. :)

Your jerk!

I immediately felt better, and the feeling of guilt vanished. I was grinning from ear to ear. I read the message again and again. I can't believe it; he also liked it.

Wait, also? There is no freaking way that I liked his company. No.

I pulled my hairs out from frustration. I needed to talk to someone about this - Mahi. I dialed her number, and she picked up after the third ring.

"Yes?" she said, answering the call. She sounded angry.

"Hey, honey. Please, don't be mad. I was busy," I said, feeling bad.

"The person you're trying to reach is either busy or angry. Try again later," she replied evenly.

I chuckled. Typical Mahi.

"Okay, come online. We'll sort it out there. "

"No, I'm busy. Tell me right now what you want."

I sighed. "Mahi, it's not a local call on which we can talk for hours. . . It's ISD, and it's damn expensive."

"Fine." She hung up. I turned on my laptop and logged into Skype.

After fifteen minutes, she came online. "Just say whatever you want to now because I have to go somewhere."

"Mahi, I'm sorry. I didn't have time yesterday. It was a rough day for me. I will never forget you, ever," I tried to convince her.

"You could have dropped a message."

"I did."

"That you'll call me later, but you didn't." She pouted.

"I know, and I'm extremely sorry about that. It won't happen again."

"Whatever, and how come you're calling me at this time? Don't you have classes?" she asked and arched one eyebrow.

"I skipped it," I whispered.